Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Second Jackson!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Not the greatest looking thing, and I'm not really into Kelly bodies, but the neck looks Killer! It looks like real MOP inlays, a MOP Jackson on the headstock, and ebony? fretboard.

Can someone tell me if this is a 1990 Professional (s/n looks like 901309 or 901809)?

Did I get a good price?

Thanks for the tips on Professionals - Are they really as good as a USA?

I guess I'll find out for sure when it gets delivered.

Re: My Second Jackson!

yes, yes and yes. that's very cool and a very good deal!! congrats!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nice score at that price even though it is a little banged up but nothing a little lovin wont clean up! And that fretboard does look like ebony and hopefully it is. Congrats!!

Comment

Very nice.
        I love to have one of these Kelly too.
        Congrats!

Comment

Don, I already addressed this in another thread, but there were no Kelly imports with a bolt on neck that also had: mop logo inlay, sharks, binding, and 24 frets. In fact, the only import neck with all of those traits was the Fusion Pro, which was ebony on the fingerboard. There wasn't a 24 fret bolt on neck in the entire Pro line otherwise like that. So that's a weird combination on that Kelly.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Does the neck match the body? Any chance the neck was swapped in from another guitar (Fusion)?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              no Kelly imports with a bolt on neck that also had: mop logo inlay, sharks, binding, and 24 frets. ebony

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe, what about a rosewood fretboard with the above specs? Maybe this fretboard has been ebonized? The MOP logo is throwing me. Didn't Fusions have the shorter scale?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, there were certainly import bolt on Kelly necks with rosewood and sharks, but not a mop logo. That's what is so wierd here. By the way, Ron, did you get my BR/King V pics?

Comment

All I can say is that I'll measure the scale length as soon as I get it.

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you put a 24 fret short scale neck on a long scale 22 fret body? Do you think the saddles in the bridge have enough travel to intonate the mess?

I can't wait to get this to find out what type of mess I got myself into.

The wife isn't going to kill me - she's going to kill me DEAD. Why do I keep thinking of Wake Up Dead by Megadeath? Did Dave M. have a guitar buying problem as well?

Comment

Oh, I don't think you have a problem, bro. The neck alone is easily worth half the price. It's probably ok, but just strange.

Comment

Looks to me like a Performer Body......JT 500 Schaller Copy tremolo with those basic Jackson Pickups as fitted to that range. I would seriously check the scale length though.

Comment

Just looking at the pic, the upper frets don't appear close enough together to be a 24.75 scale neck.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

It sure does look like ebony though. And the logo? Wow. For an inport its a sweet neck.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Looks to me like a Performer Body......JT 500 Schaller Copy tremolo with those basic Jackson Pickups as fitted to that range. I would seriously check the scale length though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the serial number help in figuring out what this is? Or is the plate from some other guitar (like the guitar the neck came off of)?

Comment

Man.. looks like a sweet deal...

I love kelly shapes after I got used to it, and now I can't stand playing any other shapes standing up.

Let us know if you have issues with it being neck heavy, I've taken note of the wisdom of various individuals on this forum, and now my kelly is in perfect balance without drilling any holes.

Comment

Working...
                              X