• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Burst finish ideas

Yeah, they suck, but hey... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Emerald Sea (Trans green and Chlorine)

Euphorium (Euphoria with Red Rum)

Irish Root Beer (Trans Green with Root Beer)

MochaRum (Mocha and Red Rum)

Natural Beer (Au Natural and Root Beer)

Natural Sun (Au Natural and Solar

Naturine (Au Natural and Chlorine)

Naturum (Au Natural and Red Rum)

Poolside Latte (Mocha with Chlorine)

Rum Beer (Red Rum and Root Beer)

Rum Beer 2 (same, inverted)
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: New Burst finish ideas

Haha! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] These are awesome, Newc! Love the names too.
    Okay, I'd go for any of these:

Mocha Rum
    Natural Beer (I actually really like that one... gold hardware... pretty!)
    Poolside Latte
    Inverted Rum Beer (probably my favorite idea)

Cheers,
    Em

Comment

I was thinking that silver to black would be really cool and opted for a graphic instead, but maybe in the future!
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Wow, I don't even like green but the Irish Root Beer is killer !

Comment

Thanks all [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

My personal faves are the MochaRum (but then it would probably just be Raspberry Burst on a better top than what they were using) and Poolside Latte [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Wish I was better at Photoslopping, cuz I can see a nicely quilted Cherry Sunburst coming from Red Rum, Solar (or Root Beer), and Au Natural.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

The MochaRum reminds me of an old Ruby Redstain flametop with black burst edge Carvin DC400 I used to own. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I like the NaturalBeer, too! You should try a MochaRootbeer also... that would rule!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

One MochaBeer to go [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet!!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I've always liked the Rootbeer but thought it should be a little darker, like mixed with black or brown.

Comment

Funny you should say that - Wild West says this is Root Beer:

Looks more like real Root Beer to me (but there's something quite odd with the bar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

I got those color samples off Easton's site, BTW. He's got two SweeTone pics (Bent Top and Jazz'R) that both say Caramel, but the Jazz'R looks like Wild West's Root Beer [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, that's what I always thought the rootbeer should look like. Gibson's also got a darker looking rootbeer on some Les Pauls.

Comment

matt, if you have photoshop -

paint 1 layer the new color, then use a layer mask with the gradient tool to create a more seamless fade.

on that note, i vote for poolside latte

Comment

this thread got me thinking of an old burst I used to own. Metallic charcoal base coat, out to metallic lavender. It was a solid colour though. Don't think the plywood....uh, sorry "bonded tonewoods" would look so good with a trans finish [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Funny you should say that - Wild West says this is Root Beer

[/ QUOTE ]
                          That the same colour that Jackson used for the Rootbeer SL2GXs. So I always figured that was rootbeer. That yellowy colour you're using looks more like Creaming Soda to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

MochaRum = Raspberry Burst, basically
                            Poolside Latte = Trans Cobalt Blue, basically (no green, though)

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I kind of dig the Euphorium, though. I actually thought of doing that on a custom order before. It'd probably look better with the edges of the two colors blended to transition better. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Let's hope J/C comes up with some new/more finishes at Summer NAMM. Especially transparents. Except for PC1s, the current selection is sorely lacking, IMHO. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I prefer non trans burst finish like Silver/Blue burst.
                              I think Jackson needs to start doing this as standard color again.
                              [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X