New toy (Thanks Jani!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New toy (Thanks Jani!)

Very cool! I've never played one of the Kahler hardtails, how are they, and what advantages do they offer over a TOM/string thru, or other hardtail bridges?

Comment

Different feel than a TOM and they've got fine tuners on the bridge as well.....
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

OMG, I'm so jealous! That thing looks to be in amazing shape, and is THE color to have if you're a Megadeth fan.

Comment

Yep, it's a really cool guitar, and is in amazing condition for it's age. The sparkle is much more obvious than I was expecting - the 'flakes' are bigger than I thought they'd be, but it looks all the better for it!

As Joel says the Kahler has fine tuners and they feel pretty different to a tunamatic....It's all a question of taste I guess - I'm pretty used to going from Tunamatics, to recessed Floyds, to non recessed Floyds to strat trems, and so on. This means that I adjust to different bridges pretty fast and so I might not be the best person to comment on bridge preferences: for what it's worth I'm not a fan of Kahler trems but like this fixed bridge.....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Fixed Kahler bridge is great.
            This and TOM are my favorite bridges.
            Cool part of Kahler bridge is you can adjust each string action just like Fender Vintage bridges.
            So you can set lower strings(D-E) higher to play heavy music without string buzz and set higher strings low to play fast.
            I should take pics of my CS Korina KV and CS Silver Sparkle KV soon.
            Both have Kahler fixed bridges.

Comment

That is one of my alltime wish list guitar too!
              Congrats from my site!
              Black is good, but that sparkle is awesome!!!

Comment

...i really need to get a KV one day...

freakin' Sweet axe neilli!

Comment

Working...
                X