Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of your V guitars make a clicking sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of your V guitars make a clicking sound?

Like when you press down on one of the wings near the end? I hear a click sound whenever I do it on mine, then I have to wait an hour or so before it will make the sound again when I press down. Is this normal?

Re: Any of your V guitars make a clicking sound?

I'd reccomend making sure all of your screws/neck bolts are snug,don't overtighten them but make sure they aren't loose,it sounds like your neck bolts may have loosened a bit & your neck may be shifting in the pocket??

Comment

thanks for the reply, but my guitar is a usa neck-thru not bolt on. sorry i should have mentioned that in the first place

Comment

Now that's f'n weird!!

Comment

Check the screws on the back panels and also check to see when you touch the panels, do they move or make noise?
          2 of my KVs have the same problem that I had to put tapes so the plates don't vibrate when I play them.
          Screws are in but they don't hold the plates tight enough.
          I first thought it was a fret buzzing. Then when I heard the sound was coming from the back of the body, I discovered it was the plate.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Ok I had this same thing happening with a Gibson V I used to own.It would make that click sometimes when I was putting it in the case.Almost sounded like the wing was going to crack off [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I would freeze in place every time it happened,and check the whole guitar.I never did figure it out.I guess what I am saying is....I have no idea what it is [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Why are you pressing down on the wings, anyway? That's weird. Stop doing it = problem solved. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Why are you pressing down on the wings, anyway? That's weird. Stop doing it = problem solved. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, that's how you get that tremolo effect like when Randy would turn the neck really fast and down to bend the string and change the pitch! Probably just a loose screw somewhere, ha, loose screw! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The clicking is normal, but pressing down on the wings is not. These are not one huge, wide, piece of wood; they are two or three or more pieces of wood glued and doweled together, then covered in paint and clearcoat. Don't dick it up by trying to flex it like it's a plastic toy.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Jackson USA guitars can take some serious beating - ask Chris Holmes! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm sure the click doesn't come from the wood construction but rather from the back panels like Toru said or other hardware. What model are you talking about? It would help to know the bridge and layout.
                    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

thanks for the info newc, since I know it is normal ill stop pressing down on the wing. Just curious, how hard would you have to press down to get it to break?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Just curious, how hard would you have to press down to get it to break?

[/ QUOTE ]Try it and report back to us! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Keep pressing down!
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                          X