Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dang....i think i'm joining a "modern rock" band..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dang....i think i'm joining a "modern rock" band..

wow.....did an audition last night with a new rock band. it made me realize how old i am :-)

i need to get a single hum guitar now!

also need to do the D TUNA thing...will those things work?

band has a song in a new summer movie, and lots of gigs.

i'll have to post pics, etc if it all works out.

man....i need some more guitars :-) [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: dang....i think i\'m joining a \"modern rock\" ba

Hey, congrats!
    I wish you good luck with the band... and the D-Tuna! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

what's the name of the band?
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The D-tuna's work great Bobby if the trem is blocked!!Congrats on the new gig!!

Comment

i figured the trem had to be blocked to stay in tune....dangit!

i tried out two new strathead charvels at MAE Music in ft lauderdale....a cool graphic star, and a red bullseye strat. i LOVED the bullseye...and the vtrem may be easier to deal with than the floyd.

uh-oh.....here we go again :-)

i will let you all know what is up with the band if things are finalized this week. it's a regionally popular band down here, but they have the potential to go the distance. great players too...everyone sings, everyone plays well. and they are all 100% about the music.

i'm actually back in the miami area, and just rocking and rolling!

darn it....i may have to trade or sell my goldie...after i have spent some $$$ and time getting it all ready to play out! it's such a good guitar. i'm gonna try and keep it, and maybe build me a parts mutt guitar with a vtrem and one hum for straight up rock n roll!

thanks to all you guys out there with your supportive comments and ideas....the JCF rocks and i am happy to be a part of the community. if i get to be famous again and on tour, any of you can come to the shows and hang....really!

Comment

don't the new Charvels have the floyds flush mounted on top. No recess.
            You don't need to block that, there's
            hardly any room to pull up to begin with. My GMW's floyd is like that, and I just recently put a D-tuna on it (Thanks Chuck!).
            Just turn the trem screws in tight enough in the route so there's no pull up at all.
            It literally took me about 15 minutes to do mine and it works great. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Very cool about the band!

The D-tuna's...I don't really like them, my RR-1 that I got in today came with one, and as soon as I get a standard floyd screw to replace it, it's comming right out. Once I hit 100 posts, I'll officially put it up 'for sale' [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Comment

Re: dang....i think i\'m joining a \"modern rock\" band..

[ QUOTE ]
                wow.....did an audition last night with a new rock band. it made me realize how old i am :-)

i need to get a single hum guitar now!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I am also in an original kinda modern band at the moment and the bass player is older as well, but the drummer is in his early 20s. The bassist started jammin some Sabbath and the drummer just stared at us with a blank look! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Re: dang....i think i\'m joining a \"modern rock\" band..

if you want a new charvel with a v trem, i'm selling one for a pretty good price. PM me if you're interested at all.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X