Anyone with an endorsement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with an endorsement.

My band is starting to spread wider and wider and the list of bands we've played with is getting pretty respectable. We have two full lengths and have been together for a decent amount of time. I think I might take a stab at gaining an endorsement.
    Nothing big, maybe with a string company or something but when I go about doing this what would be the best method? Would I go about it by emailing the company and just asking them about a sponsorship or calling or what? Any info/suggestions would be good.

Re: Anyone with an endorsement.

Send a press kit (Bio, CD, list of gigs,...) to the manufactrurer´s A&R department (addresses can usually be found on their sites) and pray.

Comment

Dean Markley and EMG are probably the easiest to get. Getting an endorsement from a guitar company, even for guitars at cost is much more difficult. Good Luck!
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Any other strategies or company recomendations?

Comment

Yeah. Try to get endorsements from brands like Dunlop and Pro Mark, Evans, Dean Markley, etc...stuff that you run out of a lot. The money you save on little stuff that you have to buy a lot can help you get more expensive stuff like guitars, amps, etc.

Comment

I agree. Tubes, Strings and Picks are definitely most important [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Of course, the biggest chance is when the company comes to you. If you are big star or an "on the way up" band someone will notice you. To me that's the mark of a truly great player/band. Others take interest and you get the invite...
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, what band are you? Just curious.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Of course, the biggest chance is when the company comes to you. If you are big star or an "on the way up" band someone will notice you. To me that's the mark of a truly great player/band. Others take interest and you get the invite...

[/ QUOTE ]

Something like PRS's Good Charlotte model?
                  [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

exactly! Or Fender's Tom DeLonge model. Or that Meegs sig guitar made by who? Yamaha, was it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm in a pretty popular grindcore band from massachusetts. Our name is Terminally Your Aborted Ghost.

Comment

Holy shit I've heard of you guys!! Awesome!

Comment

As soon as I saw the band name, I thought "Hmmm, sounds like it's up Boxcar's alley." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

We have an endorsement with Mesa Boogie, Tone Pros bridges, DR Strings, Dunlop Mfg. and were endorsed by Jackson for several years.

We sent our press kit to the Artist Relations person at each company indicating that we used their gear and would like an endorsement. Following up with a phone call a few weeks after sending the press kit is a good idea.
                            ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Or that Meegs sig guitar made by who? Yamaha, was it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              First it was B.C. Rich, then it was Yamaha. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X