The ugly pink couch blurry groupshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ugly pink couch blurry groupshot

Wifey chose the color of the couch, I chose my guitars (bad taste sometimes for me too)! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Left to right:
    87 LAG limited edition (my very first electric guitar and a proof of bad taste). Handmade in France btw.
    91 LAG custom shop (tacky taste again)
    01 GIBSON Les Paul CLassic
    96 JACKSON DR2
    03 JACKSON SLSMG
    96 JACKSON RR2 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    05 korean Ibanez SR500 bass (my very first and last Ibanez, I swear!)

Blurry Details (i gotta stop drinking coffee)

Re: The ugly pink couch blurry groupshot

And I´m first in line, you know me kinder [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah, your cough sucks, but that´s a nice collection.
    Love the top on that Les Paul.
    [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn, you could loose my 5FX on that couch. Its almost the same color. It would just look like there's pickups and a JT-6 installed on one of the cushions.

Comment

Nice diverse collection. I like that RR2 and LPC.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] its pretty cool the couch "hides" the Lag that looks like a bottle of L'Oreal shampoo!
          Back in the 80's, Jackson guitars were unaffordable (I was a broke french teenager). Lag guitars were a cheaper alternative and at that time, they did not made cheap crappy korean guitars.

Kruneh -> you cheeky [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool man! I can't find those RR2's or DR2's anywhere, but I love how simple they look!

Comment

That Les Paul is very nice!! cool to see 'em in that color

Comment

Thanks! I've been lucky on that LP! i've always digged transblack, but never saw this color on LPs, so i decided to get a traditional wine red instead. At the very moment I was going to buy a wine red one, this transblack appeared on the bay! And now, it seems there are a few runs of standards in transblack...

For the RR2 and DR2, I spent years with flashy/tacky guitars, now I'm getting old, I just could not assume this kind of outrageous finish.
                Again, when I found these RR2 and DR2, I just grabbed them! The DR2 looks very "sober" and classy with the chrome hardware, the RR2's chrome is a bit too much with the gun metal grey, so all hardware will be changed (including an OFR, like what I did on the DR2). [off topic] I really got to mail Matt to know if my order is being processed btw[/off topic].

All these guitars are players, they have all been modified to that purpose. And the LP is just amazing, never had that growl in any guitar I've owned yet! She's just plain evil through my Poweball!

Ho, and the Armstrongs on the RR2 are way better than I thought (I read a comment on harmony-central where the guy said they were like PAF Pros...). The bridge pickup delivers an unexpected massive amount of gain, more grunt and low end than my EMGs and the SD Distortion that's in the snake Lag!
                Still without being overmuddy or with too much output (unlike the 500XL, X2N, etc).

Comment

Working...
                X