Is hanging guitars damaging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is hanging guitars damaging?

I've been hanging my air guitar from an air wall hanger. I noticed that my air intonation was slightly off the other day.

Comment

The only way a wall hanger would do any kind of warpage to a neck is if you had a lead body with a balsa neck, and even then it pulls straight from the end of the neck, so I would even be skeptical if you had that kinda freaky guitar.

Matt

Comment

i find that if i keep my guitars in cases they seem to stay in tune better. also, you don't have to worry about dust getting in every nook and crevice.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          i find that if i keep my guitars in cases they seem to stay in tune better. also, you don't have to worry about dust getting in every nook and crevice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that but I still use guitar hangers anyway.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I'd just be careful about what is holding the headstock. Other than that, I must agree with the opinion that most guitar shops wouldn't be holding them on hangers if it damaged them.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more,exactly right!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Hanging your guitar inhibits the weight balance between the trussrod and string tension and can effect your setup and intonation. I don't know of any long term serrius effects, but I do know it can through your setup a little out of wack (wich is easily fixed)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very interested in where you obtained that information.
                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                X