Is the RX-10D an OK guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the RX-10D an OK guitar?

Hey gang. I was curious whether a NEW RX10D was on OK guitar, or if it is something to be avoided. I would love to own a Rhoads, but don't have the cash for an RR1T like I would like. I have a few extremely nice guitars, and am OK with having a middle-of-the-road guitar as long as it plays well. I am not too concerned about the quality of the pickups, more so the playability.

FYI, I have a trans-green DKMGT that I love, and think that is an excellent guitar for the money. Is a RX10D a similar piece of gear, quality wise?

Thanks a bunch,

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: Is the RX-10D an OK guitar?

No it's not the same quality-wise. It doesn't have EMG's and the pick-ups are more of the "econo-suck" variety, so if you want one it might be a good idea to stick some new ones in it. It's also doesn't have neck binding the way the MG's do, which is really a minor issue. It is a good one for the price, and I like how clean the front is with the panels being rear-routed, but performance-wise the MG's are better. Wait until tomorrow, and Jackson may reveal a new version of the Rhoads you may want. At least I hope they do in the form of an MG-series Rhoads.

[ January 16, 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Sephiroth ]

Comment

Re: Is the RX-10D an OK guitar?

If you get the newer ones made in Japan should be safe. It wouldn't suprise me if some of the bigger mail order places still had various Indian made models in stock and couldn't tell you what they had. If I remember correctly the rx10's were Indian made until last year.

Comment

Working...
      X