Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil' sis needs an axe for under $200 Help!!!??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lil\' sis needs an axe for under $200 Help!!!??

Chris, got your email and help is on the way brother!!

Comment

The first thing I thought after reading the initial post was "JS30WR". It's a Warrior, it's a Jackson, and it's cheap. Granted, if you can find a used higher end model in good condition, that would probably be better.

I agree with GTurk that a fixed bridge is more ideal for a beginner. It means less distraction, a lot less hassle and less things to go wrong. True that they don't stay in tune like a Floyd, but she is going to have to learn to tune it anyway, and a fixed bridge will let her do that without bringing out the toolkit.

Best of luck! =)

Comment

It's been my experience that my guitars with fixed bridges sustain and hold tuning alot better than my floyd, but anywho,
        The low end JS models would be nice, The JS warrior goes for 299$... maybe about 250 for a new one on Ebay.There is a JS dinky-style guitar in the 200$ range as well. Maybe one of the cheaper ESP LTD imports could work too.

Comment

I've had several fixed bridges, they all had more tuning stability issues than any of my floyded guitars. It's much easier to restring and tune a fixed bridge guitar though.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Put another 0 on the end and she can have my 1993 Jackson CS Archtop Soloist [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Seriously, good luck and I will keep and eye open also. Jack.

Comment

Working...
            X