Shipping a Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping a Guitar

Hi all, I need to ship a guitar and the last time I went to fedx they would only cover musical instruments for $100.00 of insurance. I told them I had done it before for declared value but they insisted that is no more. What shipping outfit will insure a guitar for the needed value? Thank's

Re: Shipping a Guitar

UPS, DHL, USPS, to name a few.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I just shipped via FedEx and they insured for well over 1 grand and I told them it was a guitar. It probably depends on who is behind the counter. Go with UPS. They'll never pay the insurance claim, but they'll gladly take your money for the insurance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

$100 is a maximum insurance that comes with the shipping cost you pay.
        You can add more insurance by paying extra money like $1 for extra $100 insurance.
        Some Fedex/UPS people seem to have problems telling you all the details because they are stupid and lazy.

Comment

Yup, adding a few extra dollars to cover a few HUNDRED more dollars is TOTALLY worth it... I do it all the time when I ship guitars via FedEx.

Okay, I've only done it three times for three guitars, but still. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fortunately, the ladies behind my local FedEx counter always assume that I know much more than they do, and they let me have my way. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, i've only ever had one guitar shipped to me via UPS, it got to me with the headstock broken off. Glad i opted for the insurance.

Comment

I've shipped thru UPS and DHL and only had 1 problem but DHL actually paid the claim. Just pack it really good and the case should protect it quite well.They will insure it for whatever you ask it just cost more $$.

Comment

I ship exclusively with USPS Priority and have never had a problem. I always add the extra insurance just in case though. Tekky got his Fusion Deluxe no prob, eh Todd?
                Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

+1

Comment

When I used Fed Ex Ground, $100 was the max they'd insure it for. If I wanted more than this, then I needed to use a faster delivery method by them.
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I have started using USPS. They seem to be the only ones that have their shit together!

Comment

The lady at the UPS counter told me last summer that if a guitar is shipped without a hard shell case, then $100.00 insurance was the maximum you could get. She said that if it's shipped in it's hard shell case, then you can insure for whatever you want as long as you pay for the insurance.

Comment

I think the last time I had a guitar shipped (to the Boston area from NY), it was something like $14 to get it shipped two day with $1000 of insurance through Fedex. Plus it showed up at the guy's house the following day. Not too shabby I don't think.

Comment

Working...
                          X