Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone.....I have an announcement.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone.....I have an announcement.........

I've finally come to the realization I'm a guitaraholic. I have come to the point in my life where I can finally admit that I have a problem and I'm willing to seek some professional help for this. Does anyone have any Dr.'s they can refer me to to seek help...maybe Dr. Atomic Tommy knows of someone...
    Has anyone been through this before...how bad were your withdrawls??? How many step program is it? Does Jackson offer any help??

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Re: Everyone.....I have an announcement.........

Talk to Dr. Newcenstein, I´m sure he can help [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

as long as you go to work, have money to pay the mortgages / other bills, save money and can feed the family then being a guitaraholic is not a problem...at least that is the case for me
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I think the Dr. is still in the denial stages with the 2 Custom Shops he has on order right now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        RIP Dime

Comment

Heh, I thought it was just me [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I got the same problem! Everything revolves around getting more guitars....
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              as long as you go to work, have money to pay the mortgages / other bills, save money and can feed the family then being a guitaraholic is not a problem...at least that is the case for me

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

I have the same problem, with a twist. Once my collection starts growing, I develop guilt pangs for not playing all of them, so I sell most of them off (usually at a loss). Then, I want more, so it's back to buying.

It's a vicious circle, but it's fun. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I try to keep re-using the same "guitar money," but it's tough as my tastes keep getting richer. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Talk to Dr. Newcenstein, I´m sure he can help [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not that kind of doctor. Accually he's not a doctor at all. He's a mad scientist, or evil genius as he like to be called.

Anyway, his patients are usually very healthy guitars that he does strange and sometimes cruel experiments on.

I'd hate to see what he would do with a human. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to work, I pay all my monthly bills and stuff, but between Jackson's and my car project I'm not saving as much $$$ as I'd hoped...no family to feed or worry about yet (whew!)....but I'd like to save more $$$ for a house soon since everything decent is between $200K-$350K.
                    Can't really find the heart to sell any of my babies...I've got attachment to most of them....I'm just gonna have to stop checking Ebay daily...and please no one post any string-thru US Jackson's for sale here!
                    RIP Dime

Comment

The Dr Is In [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Joel, you need to eliminate the non-essentials in your life - eat less, use more candles or LED lighting to reduce your dependency on commercial energy ($$$), take better care of the clothes you have now so they'll last longer, walk wherever you go as often as possible to reduce your losses at the gas pump, and shack up as often as possible with someone who doesn't play guitar, but admires your playing.

And stay out of drinking duels with Tekky and Ralph ($$$$$) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

To paraphrase something a comedian once said...

I'm not a guitaraholic. I don't do meetings. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          The Dr Is In [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Joel, you need to eliminate the non-essentials in your life - eat less, use more candles or LED lighting to reduce your dependency on commercial energy ($$$), take better care of the clothes you have now so they'll last longer, walk wherever you go as often as possible to reduce your losses at the gas pump, and shack up as often as possible with someone who doesn't play guitar, but admires your playing.

And stay out of drinking duels with Tekky and Ralph ($$$$$) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy shit dude, you just described MY life, lol. No joke, I need a car, but refuse to drive because of car insurance and the train can take me anywhere in NY. I go shopping once a year if even and live on ramen noodles. I save all my $ for guitars/beer/concerts. Good thing no family Joel, your guitar buyin days would be limited once the wifey wants electricity, clothes and real food. Shit, good thing I don't have a family! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a different problem. I may be a guitaraphobe. There's all these guitars around me, and I'm scared............

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Hey, he wasn't even on the track in that race.

You guys haven't really identified what the real problem is... He's addicted to guitars AND HE WANTS TO QUIT?!?!?? I think it's time for an intervention, or exorcism, or just a good ol'fashioned beat-down. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X