The jackson les paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The jackson les paul?

Does Jackson make anything with the shape/tone like a les paul? I am wanting to get something like a gibson, but not the 1000-2000 dollar guitar

Re: The jackson les paul?

Why not get an Epiphone if you're looking for a sub-$1000 Les Paul copy?

Also, I see used Les Paul Studios going for under $1000 all the time.

Comment

Look for a used JJP,there's a Matts Music thread in this folder with pics of his!!

Comment

Get a reputable Japanese Les Paul lawsuit, like mine. It cost me $740. Rippin' guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I have heard about Tokai putting out decent copies, what are some other brands that are good?

Comment

ESP's Edwards Series (like mine), ESP's Navigator Series (ultra high end, hope to get one someday), and ESP's Grassroots Series are ESP's lawsuit copies.

Orville, and Orville By Gibson, are also both somehow affiliated with Gibson but I'm not sure how. But their guitars are supposedly some of the most incredible copies, with Orville By Gibson reputed to be killer.

A fellow JCFer here, Dave, has a Tokai Love Rock which he finds to be virtually immaculate. I wouldn't hesitate to get one myself.

Other companies include Burny, Greco... the list goes on. Here is a list of all my favorite sellers on Ebay that deal Japanese guitars and I check their inventory on a regular basis. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfromZR9Q...sZguitarsjapan

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfromZR9Q...ssZhisashi0731

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfromZR9Q...assZultrabass7

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfromZR9Q...xstringskatana

Comment

Here was my JJP. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It's basically a "Dinky" Les Paul with a DiMarzio Super Distortion and a volume control, bolt-on painted neck... heavy like an LP, too!

Here's a natural mahogany prototype that I believe Brian McDonald from Fender has, this is the only pic he sent me awhile ago. It's supposed to have dice inlay at 12th fret... it was the prototype that was supposed to go to Marty Friedman before he had Jackson make him a full-sized LP.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, I can see Travis going goo-goo-gaa-gaa over that mahogany one! Killer-looking!!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, it is sweet! Maybe Brian will chime in and have more pics of it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Wow, I can see Travis going goo-goo-gaa-gaa over that mahogany one! Killer-looking!!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're damn right. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't forget Heritage guitars. But I think they may be on the pricey end...not sure

Comment

I'd LOVE to try a Heritage one day, but I don't believe they fall under the sub-$1000 category that Desmauler was looking for. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

I know of a jackson les paul here in denver. Its like a dinky les paul,very cool and plays great.The headstock is a suedo gibson shape.I think its a one-off.

Comment

i should note that its for sale.

Comment

There was also a Grover Jackson (Japanese market) a couple of years ago I was really wanting - pointyhead and fins looked kinda odd on an LP body but hey, it was a Jackson LP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X