The jackson les paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The jackson les paul?

I posted a few pics of it a while back, I'll see if there still posted on my webspace....
    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post416953

Try that!

Comment

How bout a JJ1. its basically a dbl cut Les Paul with two hums and a stop tail. If your just looking for a Les Paul sounding guitar and not so much the shape try a Charvel 750xl. Ive got one that sounds just like my 76 Les Paul custom minus the ebony board. Killer guitarrs and are under a grand. If ya gotta have a Les Paul body look into an Ibanez lawsuit, a Tokia Love rock, a cort (cortez) Les Paul copy. Ive seen a cpl recently and theyr actually really nice. Set neck and double bound, nice necks etc. theres also the epiphone Les Paul Elitest those are killer and made just like the USA stuff at half the price. Used they go for about 6-700.
        Gil
        Gil

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post416953

Try that!

[/ QUOTE ]
          Sweet! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I must have missed that thread somehow. Love the Pat Lachman proto!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, that's a pretty cool guitar as well! That's my "C# guitar" just in case I "need" to jam with my Sabbath & Pantera cd's. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

My JJP sounds killer! I added a Dimarzio Drop Sonic and John Walker hooked me up with a Tone-pros bridge. Other than the need for some side markers, it's ripe for the pickin!

>Sweet! I must have missed that thread somehow. Love the >Pat Lachman proto!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I have heard about Tokai putting out decent copies, what are some other brands that are good?

[/ QUOTE ]

The lawsuit era Japanese copies are great. Tokai, Burny, Greco, Ibanez, Orville. They are all over E-bay and are well priced and equally as good, if not better, than their Gibson counterparts. In the late '70s and '80s the Japanese were making such good copies that both Fender and Gibson contracted with them to make "licensed" copies, i.e. Fender Japan and Orville.

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

And don't forget the Charvel 750 string through, about as close as you can really get to a Gibson Les Paul: set in glued neck, mahogany body/neck, maple top, rosewood neck with pearl inlay, dual hums, etc. Easily under the price you mentioned, and it's a shame, cause those guitars are BETTER than Les Pauls, I know, I have a pair of LP's and they aren't as nice as the 750's.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

But I thought the 750 hada maple neck?

By the way, I'v egot two 750xl's and they rule!

Comment

maple neck indeed. and (again) my 750xl sounds nothing like a LP, but that is due to the basswood body [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Harrald, you have a misfit 750. They are most common with mahogany bodies and necks with maple tops. Yes, even the solid colors had maple tops. Yours is an ususual exception but that is not the way Charvel intended these guitars to be.
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Do not forget about the Jackson Archtop Soloist pro.They are the same as the 750XL just a bit thinner and not as much of a back breaker.They are also a lot easier to find in a string through than the 750XL.You should also be able to find these either of these two guitars in the 400-800 dollar range.I have a pair of ATs and one 750XL they are great guitars and my favorites.

And if you are just looking for the LP scale do not forget about the Fusions both USA , Pro and the Charvels.
                        Mike
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                        X