JCF Forum Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF Forum Request

I would like to see an unmoderated forum here at least for upstanding members... maybe make it like the classifieds. This is a closed board and we're all relatively reasonable adults. I'm not asking for a flamers forum or hate pit, perhaps a place to put all the threads that get too heated and end up not belonging in the particular forum they originated.

Sometimes this place just seems too controlled and sterile.

Just my thoughts. You may procede to hang me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Re: JCF Forum Request

Not a bad idea, but I wonder if it would become an old timers retreat from the new people on the forum?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I would like to see an unmoderated forum here at least for upstanding members... maybe make it like the classifieds. This is a closed board and we're all relatively reasonable adults. I'm not asking for a flamers forum or hate pit, perhaps a place to put all the threads that get too heated and end up not belonging in the particular forum they originated.

Just my thoughts. You may procede to hang me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was done on the old board.. as people found out about it just created resentment among members who had no access .. ...
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Much like the JCF Buyer's Forum did. Boy was that fun [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

www.pissing-match.com/net/org are available - that'd be a good place to set up a "..continued from so-and-so forum.." board [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was done on the old board.. as people found out about it just created resentment among members who had no access .. ...

[/ QUOTE ]
          Wasn't it an invisible VIP section, though, that only certain people could see? Or could everyone see it but only a select few were allowed in?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A defunct forum I belonged to had a section of this type called "The Warzone". The forum died but the Warzone regulars set up their own site that contains essentially only unmoderated obnoxious discussions.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
              Wasn't it an invisible VIP section, though, that only certain people could see? Or could everyone see it but only a select few were allowed in?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, and to be honest, we weren't too great about getting people access. it wasn't well thought out or anything, and to be honest, that particular forum was dead and very, very, very boring.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                yeah, and to be honest, we weren't too great about getting people access. it wasn't well thought out or anything, and to be honest, that particular forum was dead and very, very, very boring.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yeah, it was kinda boring from what I remember. I recall Jeremy telling me to scroll down to see the VIP section and thinking, "Where the hell did that come from?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I really didn't go in there much anyway.

Comment

Well, whatever. I wasn't talking about a reincarnation of the VIP Lounge, or any place where membership is restricted any more than say the Classifieds are.

This place is so rated G sometimes, perhaps a banner ad from Disney wouldn't be out of place. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    This place is so rated G sometimes, perhaps a banner ad from Disney wouldn't be out of place.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is so bad maybe you need to find somewhere else to hang out... [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

I'm not sure why YOU feel it's g-rated... whats so g rated? The fact that we won't allow sexual content?
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

It's also extremely civil and a great source of information. If G-rated is what it takes to keep it that way then G-rated is fine with me.
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Ouch. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I do hang out at other places. Perhaps you should visit other sites to get a little perspective. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Actually, I'm quite fond of the lack of sexual content here. Besides this is a forum of mostly guys... probably the highest male:female ratio board on the net. I don't want to come here knowing half the threads are exciting them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

A lot of the stuff that gets deleted could be moved there.

I think it would be nice if there was a place where everyone could just say what they want to say, and not worry too much about offending everyone. Where even the Mods don't have to play moderator much.

All of the 'guitar butcher' threads, the one that you deleted in Main, and the one you started would be good examples of threads that would belong there, as well as the occassional bickering that gets deleted or what not.

This is the most child-proof, safety-cap forum I go to. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, and I understand and agree that it was proper and necessary when this was an openly searchable and viewable site, but it's a closed, members-only forum.

This place is just wound up really tight sometimes, and it's filled with it's little granny-gossip circles.

Then again, these are just my opinions, and I know how much you value opinion. At least mine. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

This is the most child-proof, safety-cap forum I go to.

[/ QUOTE ]

There ARE a few youngsters who post here. Adrian's kid comes to mind. I'm sure there are others too, but I haven't been too observant of people's ages. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Shit. Fuck. There goes the G rating.

Comment

well, i certainly enjoy slug fests, and there's a reason why the accusational folder is the most visited one on charvel central, for example, but i do think that what goes on in one folder can't remain contained there.

i hear what you're saying,though, and really, there's plenty of times when it'd be much easier for someone to tell someone else to go get fucked in their good eye with a big rubber dick, but it doesn't serve the greater good of maintaining relative peace. so, like how mr. mackey sang about replacing certain vulgarities with other words, i followed suit! see, when i want to tell someone to go get fucked in their good eye with a big rubber dick, i just say "good times!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

so...good times, everybody! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X