Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Be careful when lending guitars...

[/ QUOTE ]
    cleaning is womans work. I'm a (soon-to-be) man.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I hope you have a sense of humor.

Comment

I lent out my CS Dinky to a GOOD friend twice, for recording sessions...both times I was after the axe for 6 months, partly and partly not his fault, partly and partly not mine.

My big mistake was lending her out in the first place. So that officially stopped permanently when I got her back the 2nd time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I never let my guitars out of my sight...no exceptions!

For the money you pay for these goddamned things...Sorry...but I'm one of the "keep it pristine" wussies, and fuckin' proud of it! It's like handing over a couple G's (assuming it's a CS guitar) and getting back only half of that in resale because your buddy did a drunken Yngwie guitar spin with it and it kissed the floor or the wall! Fuck Dat noize!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

It's a good idea to have a decent beater to let your friends play when they come over, but as others have said, if you let 'em take one home with 'em you may never see it again.

I have a friend who's a decent amp tech, but when he got tossed from his parents' house he had a fair amount of his band's gear at his place that he had fixed. His bass player bought used gear at bargain prices and he'd fix the stuff up. He also had borrowed his singer's Gibson ES335. Well, he traded the 335 in on a Les Paul, sold the amps including an SVT and a '71 Marshall had to the local music store, and split town. The bass player amazingly forgave him, and the singer got his 335 back for the trade-in value on the Les Paul, which was low compared to its real value. The guy who sold the stuff doesn't think he stole anything, and is actually upset that the bass player told me about it when I moved back to town! I told him he should kiss the guy's ass for not beating his ass, let alone not calling the cops, and made sure he knew that I'D beat his ass AND call the cops if he ever did that to me.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

On a related subject, has anyone ever been playing a party or event, and have someone from the audience come up and want to jam on your axe.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but on an unrelated subject, I was always amazed by how many times people would come up to me in a parking lot and ask if they could take my bike for a spin.

Comment

no loaners. even my player/beaters stay. if there gonna get dings/dents/smashed etc.... it will be by me thanks.

Comment

Rufue....I've had the same thing happen at my cover band gigs, drunk guys (or friends of another band member) wanting to jam....and when I say no they always think I'm a dick and plead and beg. One night I had my 1985 Randy Rhoads, a PRS 10 top Custom 22 and a ESP Kami IV...like I'd let any old drunk touch any of those!

Now when they ask, I just tell them in a gruf voice that I'm an A**hole and nobody touches my guitars. I found that works pretty good, they walk away quickly.

Comment

That last piece of gear I loaned out was an old Marshall Super Bass head with a ground problem. I warned the borrower that he'd get buzzed badly if he touched any metallic or grounded objects or any of his fellow musicians. He didn't listen, touched the mic with his lips, created a very bright blue arc, blew a circuit breaker that knocked out the house lighting, and wound up flat on his back. Oddly that's the last time anyone's asked to borrow gear from me and that was almost 15 years ago. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I don't lend my guitars to anyone, I worked too hard to get them. I believe Jacksons should be played hard, but not beat. If you wanna beat the hell out of a guitar get a Hondo [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      Guitars are meant to be played, and beat up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. But I want to be the one doing the beating! Speaking of which, here's my KE-1 with its new "natural pinstripes" finish:

I was going to buff it out to a gloss, but I'm sick of the black-on-black look. Now it looks like an old war horse. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, the pic just loaded now...take a look at what happened on the weekend to my Rhoads, it would appear we think in a Similar fashion...

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

What I like to do when someone asks if they can play my guitar is hold it out to them and say "Sure..." then pull it back real fast as they reach for it and say "Sike!!"

Comment

Hey Tim....

Is that a Duncan Parallel Axis Distortion TB I see in that RR?

Comment

I keep my good guitars in the cases when not in use. I keep a cheap LTD on the stand, which has been knocked over several times and has yet to even get a scratch, go figure!

Comment

The one and olny time i loaned a guitar to a friend he pawned it for drug money. had i known i would still have my Heartfield EX. I loved that guitar. Almost as much as my Jacksons. The bastard will pay or it one day. When i catch him. BTW he no longer is a friend.
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X