THE best metal pup/pup config.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE best metal pup/pup config.

a set of Seymour Duncan Heavy Metal livewire will get you the job done like a pro. They rip everything apart

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      85 in the bridge, and who gives a flying F in any other position. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

preach on! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

lol Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I always laugh when a metalhead tries to use a neck pickup on a clean channel. That really isn't metal of them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

JCF Forum People knows things Very Good. My only and addition Comment this time is: Remember: different guitars/woods works a little of different type pickups version. Actually this case is very complicated and difficulty. To boot Every Amplifier effects sounds also own way. Metal music and Metal music guitars usually works very powerfully pickups but not always

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            JCF Forum People knows things Very Good. My only and addition Comment this time is: Remember: different guitars/woods works a little of different type pickups version. Actually this case is very complicated and difficulty. To boot Every Amplifier effects sounds also own way. Metal music and Metal music guitars usually works very powerfully pickups but not always

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Also, I have mentioned this before on this forum but you may want to check out Aero Instrument Pick Ups. The guy resides in Hawaii and builds the best pick ups I have ever heard.

I have a Alnico level 2 in my Charvel and I am going to get a couple for my Custom Shop Jackson.

He has Alnico Level 2s and 3s for neck and bridge. They don't color the sound of the guitar at all - just let the wood tone come through and they are articulate, dynamic and killer! (But not cheap - $160 per pup)

But if you want the best tone there is no better pup.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

so would you recommend these for Aero's high gain metal tuned to drop c? i need to get a good pup in the bridge of my dime 333 and i don't want to have to change it again! i had an xl500 put in, wrong xl500 though. and the thing has NO definition now. really sucks ass...
              Hear the universe scream
              Bleeding from black holes
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

Thanks Shredmonster

I must try the Aero pickups sometimes. It sounds good if the sound of the guitar woods hears through. Thanks!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The JB and the Distortion is pretty much the same thing except the distortion has more, eh well distortion. .

[/ QUOTE ]
                  True, but heres a little duncan secret(you learn alot of secrets ont he duncan forum). The JB and the Distortion are essentially the same pickups, just with different magnets(a5 in jb ceremic in dd)
                  and dual duncan distortions do rock indeed \m/ althought im not sure how they would sound im something like a soloist, i've only heard/tried 'em in an mahonany bodied guitar w/ a rosewood board.

Comment

I had the JB in my old Hamer Special FM (mahogany body and neck 3/8" maple top)... I thought it was kinda bright sounding, had no balls in the low end. I usually like high mids but with more low end mixed in to balance it better. The JB is way overrated, IMO.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X