newbie confusion ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: newbie confusion ??

I always took the 'T' in names like RR1T, SL1T, etc for 'Through' as in 'String-Through'. The equation adds up in my book, except for the aforementioned SLATQH (unless you count only the A for the archtop designation [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I always took the 'T' in names like RR1T, SL1T, etc for 'Through' as in 'String-Through'. The equation adds up in my book, except for the aforementioned SLATQH (unless you count only the A for the archtop designation [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]
      From the current product range there's also the SLSMG, KVX10, RR5, and the JS30 pointy models (JS30RR, JS30KE, etc).

Comment

True, but I consider them to be inherent to their specific model (i.e. the RR1 has it's brother model: RR1T, the RR5 is string-through, which is inherent to its modeldesignation). (Maybe the reason why the SLATQH doesn't have the T either).
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

A lot of useful info there. Now all you need to do is get an rr1 , dk1 , kv2 , and wr1 and you won't have to bother with anything else but plugging in and kicking ass.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            You need a catalog.
            Jackson Website is bit confusing as they use SL1 picture for SL1T and need to update.
            [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just surfed by and got this "ERROR: Product listings are temporarily down for maintenance; please try again later"...Maybe that´s happening as I type this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              One thing that's confused me for a while...what makes an SLS an SLS? Is it the shorter scale? The headstock?

[/ QUOTE ]
              Super Light Soloist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, ok. But what does that mean? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Amen, P I K A!!!!!!!!
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  One thing that's confused me for a while...what makes an SLS an SLS? Is it the shorter scale? The headstock?

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Super Light Soloist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, ok. But what does that mean? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is thinner - ergo, lighter - than a regular Soloist. Your local Guitar Center should have at least one in stock.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X