New to the Forum(Hello)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum(Hello)

Just wanted to say hello all, this forum has kept me busy for the last couple of evenings. I'm 35 and played from 81-89 roughly, unfortunately i had to grow up (family&work) and really just had no time for playing.

Sold off my equipment, boogie amp, 83 or 84 Charvel tiger-striped dinky strat, 85 candy apple red strat and a few others. I'll have mom look for some guitar pictures. And my fro, heh.

Im looking to make a comeback and really am not interested in trying to get that era guitar back. But was wondering how the new Jacksons compare with the old ones. Im thinking about ordering either one of the target remakes or a SL2-HQ with a gateway type cow finish.

Anyhow, just wanted to say hello

BH

[ January 19, 2003, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Black-Hearted ]

Re: New to the Forum(Hello)

Welcome aboard. BM!

Hit a store and try a few out. If they aren't what you remember, there's plenty of the ones you do remember in the classifieds below, or on E-bay.

Either way - you win! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

yeah dude. and check out Mesa/Boogie Single rectfiers.

Comment

I agree with you, Explorer. You just can`t beat a Jackson through a Boogie Single Recto head (and the Boogie 4x12 of course). [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome to the fray! My story reads just about exactly like yours does. 35, quit playing in 91, and now I'm hooked again! I'd say check the classifieds, and ask a lot of questions. These guys know their stuff, and are always willing to help out, if you ask. The cool part is, is they tell it like it is, if something sucks, they'll tell you. Have fun, nad keep jammin'!

Comment

Yeah man. Nothign beats a jackson /mesa . set up.

Comment

Hey welcome to JCF I'm 31 picked up the guitar again after a 4 year lay off. Ask Questions talked to every one I have been on here for about 2 weeks & have made alot of friends & found out alot more about Jacksons than I thought there was to know. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome!

I'm 35 as well, and am trying to collect the Jacksons I never could afford as a kid.

There's a wealth of Information about Jacksons, playing and Guitars in general available here.

Join the fun! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome aboard. I am 32 and have been a Jackson nut since the 80's. Oh ya, I sponsor this monstrosity we have here too.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Matt

Comment

Wow, I'm 31 going on 32 and I'm shocked that I'm in such similar company. My hands have been idle for approx. 2 years and I'm starting to become the addict I used to be. It's nice to know I'm not alone.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
                          X