USA vs Imports: Graphic finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA vs Imports: Graphic finishes

Are the graphic finishes on the imports the same as on the USA versions (ie. Pile of Skulls, Lightning Sky) or are the import graphics screened as on some LTDs and other brands?
    sigpic

Re: USA vs Imports: Graphic finishes

AFAIK the Pile, Eerie Dess, Flames, etc.. on imports are all painted on in Japan from a particular artist they have there at the factory...I believe the Japanese artist paints his initials on the graphic as well
    The graphics look a little different than the US versions, but that's just the different styles the artists use and the materials.

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

I know there isn't a real comparison between the USA and import eerie dess finishes... I've owned two USAs, and both were much nicer than the imports I've seen. They had more depth and didn't look 'painted on' like the imports.

Pete

Comment

I'm just looking at it from a project perspective. I like a lot of the graphics on the imports, but I didn't want to spend the money on fixing one up if it's basically just a big sticker under the clearcoat!
        sigpic

Comment

I had a DK1 in Hotrod Flame and it had a person's name written and was in Japanese.

Comment

There are no pre-printed graphics on any Jap models. They are all hand painted and look pretty similar to the US versions, just with less depth and detail.

Comment

Well, I have this one on the way....and it looks pretty good in the pictures at least!!

Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

The graphics on Jackson imports are not a sticker. Unlike many of our our competitors, our graphics all real and painted the same way we do the USA graphics. The materials and techniques of each artist are a little different, hence the visual differences.

Jackson = 1, the competition = 0 !! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

and that's one thing that i really appreciate. i remember a few years ago, a friend of mine had an elvira limited warlock, and her face was screened on the body. man, it looked awful.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

This is very cool, and a nice piece of proof as to Jackson's superior quality compared to its competitors, IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
                    The graphics on Jackson imports are not a sticker. Unlike many of our our competitors, our graphics all real and painted the same way we do the USA graphics. The materials and techniques of each artist are a little different, hence the visual differences.

Jackson = 1, the competition = 0 !! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

you gotta love this....

It goes to show you that even the Imports are still the shit compared to other brands...

I have a SLS(SD) and the quality of that guitar is well above what I expected. I had a KE3 and a JS20 dinky before and when I got my first USA, I said I would never buy another Jackson that wasnt a USA model... I now have 12 USA models, but I have three MIJ models and are very pleased with them... I am so glad I chose a superior brand. There are so many people that hopped on the ESP bandwagon when Dave Mustaine left. What ever, ESP smee es pee.
                      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Well, I have this one on the way....and it looks pretty good in the pictures at least!!

[/ QUOTE ]
                        hmmmm.... zerb's got some explaining to do methinks
                        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just bought the same guitar a couple weeks ago. The graphic is great! I wouldn't mind haveing the brother to it in the Pile of Skulls graphic... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            There are so many people that hopped on the ESP bandwagon when Dave Mustaine left. What ever, ESP smee es pee.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Extremely Shitty Products?

Comment

ESP guitars aren't that bad like some of you say so.

Comment

Working...
                              X