Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me, I think I'm really bored with Jackson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me, I think I'm really bored with Jackson.

I don't know, it seems like it's always the same old stuff. Soloists, RRs, Dinkys, blah, blah, blah. Every once in a while we see something really cool like Paulbag's Death Angel, but let's face it, they are few and far between. It's pretty much only custom shop stuff that does anything for me.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Help me, I think I\'m really bored with Jackson.

Not every car can be a Lambo, Bentley, Ferrari, etc. Sometimes it takes a little more to see the beauty in say a Nova, Firebird, or Mustang. I think we just desire that which is harder to attain alot more. I wouldnt say your not alone in contempt for the average production Jackson.

Comment

Re: Help me, I think I\'m really bored with Jackson

Join me in MCS and we will rule the galaxy as father and son.

Comment

I agree that the "same ol, same ol" can get old, but that is true of any brand guitar. I counter this by buying stock guitars (second-hand in exc. condition) and customizing them by switching out the hardware to a color more to my liking, the pick-ups etc. Most recently, I purchased a Crimson Swirl DK2 body that I put a Charvel Model A Plus neck on. It lined up perfectly and looks killer in my opinion. I'm going to throw some Dimarzio's in it, slap some brushed chrome hardware on it and it will be a killer, one of a kind axe at a pretty reasonible price. I'll do it for a lot cheaper than if I were to order a custom shop guitar also. It takes a little time to piece together the parts/pieces you need on the used market, but if time isn't an issue, it's a lot of fun and the final product has your personal touch. Just a thought!
        Good deals with:
        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

go buy another brand then, thats what they are there for! just always keep and play your jacksons!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            go buy another brand then, thats what they are there for! just always keep and play your jacksons!

[/ QUOTE ]I agree! Fuck!
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

+2 Play with what you like, thats what I say. Jackson has killer shyt to offer but so does other brands. Im quite fond of dean's myself, always looking for a killer dean to add to my collection but doesn't mean ill EVER forget about jackson. I also have always had a soft spot for ibanez's, wouldn't mind throwing another one in my collection. Just keep playing regardless of brand

Comment

Zeeg, your making me feel guilty here! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Hear the universe scream
                Bleeding from black holes
                Whom horns careless
                And whom God mourns

Comment

I've got this little other brand on the side, Suzuki!
                  Got me a Flying V and an Explorer. Really good and cool guitars. Made in the 80:s and hard to find.

JT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Join me in MCS and we will rule the galaxy as father and son.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Daddy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I wanna see flame and quilt maple tops, outrageous colors, cool new shapes etc. I need to be entertained dammit. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

There are LOTS of great guitar companies out there building excellent guitars that are every bit as good as Jackson.
                        Branch out and explore. Life would be awful stale if there were only one guitar to play!

Comment

You could always order a custom shop! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            You could always order a custom shop! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There ya go!
                            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I think Jackson is good at what they do. Some of their newer efforts like the Death Fill In the Blank I think are pretty lame. Some of the new stuff coming out of the custom shop has got me excited about Jackson again. I think Mike Learn is a great addition. I love Dan Lawrence's work but it's good to have variety of painters and inlay artists. What I'd love to see more of is more finishes that are unique to Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                              X