Impossible mission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible mission?

Thinking of gettin' a new Jackson / Charvel guitar. Have two Rhoads already (Jackson & old Fernandes). I've been looking around this website with no luck.
    What i'm looking for (this time):

1)
    No trem, want string through / fixed bridge.

2)
    Strat or Kelly shape, with at least a humbucker in bridge position.

3)
    No pot or switch just below bridge pickup. This time i want "right-hand freedom" so my pinky don't get tangled up in hardware when muting those fast runs. Hope you know what i mean... Look at Lynch' right hand when he is doing some muted fast stuff - poor guy!

I can't find it! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Do i really have to look elsewhere (non Jackson) to find this?

I know i sound picky... i am [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Re: Impossible mission?

Your options are more limited now than they were a couple of years ago -- there used to be a KE2T Kelly that was a string-thru, but they're out of production now. The DKMGT Dinky and SLSMG Soloist are both string-thru imports, and the SLAT Soloist is a USA, but that volume knob is exactly where you don't want it. I've been playing Jacksons for years and am used to the control layout, but I am always hearing comments from other players that they don't like where the volume knob is located. You could have this modified after-market, but obviously not everyone wants to do that.

It also depends on how much you want to spend and what your other requirements are. My favorite Jackson model is the discontinued JDX-94 Concept, which is has a string-thru fixed bridge (not a TOM style), but it's more of an intermediate-level instrument. There's also some discontinued Dinky models, such as the HX, which you can sometimes find for pretty cheap on eBay.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Impossible mission?

Originally posted by Inazone:
      You could have this modified after-market, but obviously not everyone wants to do that.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, i have considered moving /shifting all the pots + switch on the Rhoads one step back by re-using the old holes and drilling just one new in the cover plate.
      It could be done nicely but i'd rather not. Drilling holes in your guitar just doesn't sound right to me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You mentioned the SLAT - just curious, how much is it?
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
      X