Rhoads Dimensions for a Case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Dimensions for a Case?

I just bought a Rhoads of Ebay, and I was wondering if someone could post the dimensions of the guitar so I can make sure I buy an appropriate case for it. DOes anyone know if it fits in a GIbson Flying V case?

Thanks,
    Stanley

Re: Rhoads Dimensions for a Case?

It won't fit in a Gibson case. Get one these from Matt (Matt's Music) or Scott (VWall Guitars):

Comment

Hey Noodles - thanks. Can't find one on either of their sites. I'm really looking for a budget case here - less than $80 or so. If anyone has an old Rhodes case they'd like to get rid of, let me know. ubuzzstanley(at)yahoo.com

Comment

Most places don't stock those cases, they're too damn big. If you contact Matt or Scott directly, they'll order one for you.

The best price I've seen on these things is around $110. Remember, they're BIG, and specialized, so there are not a lot of manufacturers making them, and they certainly don't make cheap versions. You may be abe to find a coffin case that fits it for less, but I'm stretching to suggest that.

How much is this guitar worth to you? If the case is too much, then you can get a gig back that will fit it for around $40. My import, bolt-on Rhoads is in a gig bag, because it only cost $489 (with the bag). My USA is in a case.

Comment

If you are not in a big rush I would keep a close eye on ebay. I have seen the sell at resonable prices. I bought a Tolex covered one for $45. Here is one no one bid on. He could possibly relist it.

LINK

Good Luck
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

I emailed the question to zzounds about this case here:
            http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--RCKRC10606

They claim it will fit but I am skeptical. Anyone have any experience with this case - the"RockCase by Warwick?"

I have a BC Rich Ironbird Neck-thru Bass (monstrous) that I finally got sick of searching for a case for, and made my own out of hockey sticks and paneling. It weighs about 100 lbs with the bass and my pedalboard in it. Don't wanna go that route again!

The guitar is a bolt-on that I just grabbed for $180 off ebay. I really don't wanna spend $110 on a case.

Thing is, both my brother and my Rhoads are in Phoenix, AZ, and he is coming home in a couple weeks - so I'm planning on having him bring it on the plane with him - but I need to get a case to him....

Thanks for all your help!
            Stanley

Comment

Give him a gigbag man! No need for a case if he's going to be checking it into the plane with him and have the stewards stow it away.

Hell GET A GIGBAG it's actually shitloads easier for this kind of thing (plane)!!!
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Dude, if it's flying (i.e. checked, tossed, crunched and generally abused) get a hardshell! I know it's only a $180 guitar (sounds like a good deal BTW) but you will piss away that if you check it in a gig bag! If you can, spring for a case, and when the guitar arrives safely, sell the case or whatever. A gig bag just can't protect an RR from people that just don't give a shit! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Uhm XLR8, he has to have his buddy bring the guitar to the gate and ask the flight attendants to store it on board in a cabinet. They do this sort of thing if you ask nicely and they are MUCH more inclined to do so when it's in a gigbag rather than in a gigantic case.

Get a GIGBAG!
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

any universal explorercase will do
                    i have warwick ones too, but i have the 10620 ones
                    they`re quite cool, come close to G&Gs somehow

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Uhm XLR8, he has to have his buddy bring the guitar to the gate and ask the flight attendants to store it on board in a cabinet. They do this sort of thing if you ask nicely and they are MUCH more inclined to do so when it's in a gigbag rather than in a gigantic case.

Get a GIGBAG!

[/ QUOTE ]

But if the closet is full or if they've had a long day already and aren't in a good mood you'll find your gig-bagged guitar checked as you board the plane and have it tossed in the luggage hold with a lot of large, hard, & heavy items. Have your brother pack it well & ship it to you.
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

It's a bolt-on, right? You can always remove the neck and fit the guitar into overhead, but it will have to be your only carry on. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, or you think there may be a problem, then do what YetAnotherOne said and ship it.

Comment

Theres a case that fits the RR, KV, kelly, and warrior (it's called the JCC202) and it's under 100$.
                          Just ordered one from Mattsmusic last week.

Comment

Working...
                          X