Hang Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang Tags

Does anyone out there have a USA or Custom Shop hang tag with "white out" and "over writing"? I have a SLATQ-90 with a serial in the JA0190's and the tag was originally for a SLATQ-M in the JA0240's. I guess they could make mistakes in the shop but does the hang tag stay with a guitar from start to finish? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Hang Tags

Did you buy it new or used?
    If the Shop messed up the tag, they would just grab a new one.
    Sounds like the seller put another tag on it to bump up the "collectibility" price.
    Is the handwriting for the model name and serial number similar?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have an amber burst KV-2 from 2001. The hang tag's color description of the guitar is white'd out just barely. Originally it was listed as cherry burst, but the actual finish was amber burst. I can still see the original writing through the white out. Probably not a common thing, but not unheard of either. Some custom shop models didn't even have the hang tag itself filled out, rather a sticker was placed on top of it with the info and inspections. Some bloke has one like that in the Gallery:
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I've noticed mistakes on the hang tags of both my newest guitars. My EDS SL1 had the wrong serial number written down on it and my custom Warrior had it written down as a 2 hum config when it is a hum and a single config.
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I see white out and mistakes all the time on Hang tags.

Matt

Comment

The tag was originally written for a tobacco burst SLATQ-90 built 4/23/02 and that detail was not changed. They did however white out over a 2-HUM for P-90 and the serial was JA 024X for JA 019X. I was only really suspicious of the fact that the Archtops for 2002 were limited to 50 pieces and means my guitar was early in the run and the hang tag was for a guitar late in the run. The guitar is a little different as it has a painted neck unlike the rest of the 50 pc. SLAT run for 2002.I was thinking that NEWC could be on to something but I think Matt may have a good point too.

Comment

Slat run for 2001/2002 had some strange combinations. I remember seeing some with trans tops but black back. Some were painted necks and some weren't. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Matt

[ January 23, 2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: OnlineStageGear ]

Comment

Working...
              X