Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about a Jackson/Charvel ID/Reference Book ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about a Jackson/Charvel ID/Reference Book ?

wouldn't it be great to have a complete identification/reference book of the Jackson/Charvel history and models?
    if no one has the time, I would make it myself if I only had access to more pics, catalogs and other resources [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], and I even could help publishing it [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
    something in the same style as those guys did at http://www.ibanez-vintage-page.de/

Re: What about a Jackson/Charvel ID/Reference Book ?

Such a thing exists and is being worked on - it's called the Mother Of All Info Pages, or MOAIP, and was first started by Kevin Easton prior to the Fender buyout, and used to be hosted on the old Jackson site (the Mothership), however since the buyout, those images and pages became the property of FMIC, and couldn't just be ported over and duplicated here. The one lone guy that handles all of FMIC's pages (including owned brands like Jackson) has all the old stuff, but hasn't been able to get approval to post it on the Jackson site.

Our own Tekky has been rebuilding the MOAIP since the buyout, but since nothing of the old site can be used, he has to hunt down old catalogs and such. Many JCFers have contributed what they can to the effort, including catalog scans and info, but such a task takes a whoooooole bunch of time to organize.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: What about a Jackson/Charvel ID/Reference Book

There's been A LOT of threads on this. A rather large one in 'general j/c talk' just like a week ago or something. It's got some interesting ideas in it, check it out. I volunteered for webimaging and some lay-out work.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Thx Ward, I've read them.. but I'm also thinking about a paperback, not only a dB driven webfrontend on top.

Comment

Well, that's quite an ambitious idea! I'd be great if you'd pull it off though.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
          X