Charvels in my Backyard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvels in my Backyard!

So imagine my suprise as I go to the local Mom and Pop store (ok, the only store around) looking for guitar boxes. They are a Jackson dealer, but all they've ever had were a couple of imports. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I digress.
    What to my weary eyes should appear, but Charvels in stock!!

Two EVH's: One white, one yellow
    A white maple board two hum floyd
    A black ebony board two hum floyd.
    A blue (bitchen blue) ebony board HSS v-trem
    And I forgot what the last one was...I was in a hurry. Late for dialysis. I still took a moment and played the white two hum...wonderful! Had the cast plate on it, too.

I can see a new Charvel in my future!

Re: Charvels in my Backyard!

Most excellent news Chuckster!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!

Comment

I'd be interested to know how many Charvels are getting sold with v-trem vs floyd....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I guess most of you don't understand what a one horse town i live in.
        Picture Mayberry.
        This is HUGE!!

Comment

Your town has a horse?! Consider yourself lucky mate, cos my hometown would be struggling to get a rat! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I guess most of you don't understand what a one horse town i live in.
            Picture Mayberry.
            This is HUGE!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">We actually drive through Mayberry when we go back to Virginia [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'd drop dead if I found a cool Charvel in North Carolina....I swear, the good ol' boy network has a boycot going on with them [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Conversation:
            Bubba: "Hey Cleetus, what you think bout' dem dar pointy geetars them rock stars are a playin these days??"

Cleetus: "Bubba, those pointy toothpick looken thangs aint worth nuffin....all ya need is a good of Fender Stratumcaster or a Gibson Les Paul with some of them fancy bottle caps as volume knobs"

Bubba: "I reckon your right Cleetus...lets call the other rednecks and start a boycot on them thar pointy geetars, yes siree"

It seriously sucks here!! </font>

Comment

Chuck
              I see what you mean about yout town/village [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] . I just did a search and got some details off the net .
              Wow , you are way upstate !! That is cool that you have Charvies .
              And plenty of twisties for the Ducati .

Mark
              Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Did you search Watertown, or Croghan?
                Watertown is the nearest "city" with the guitar store and where I go three times a week for dialysis.
                Croghan is where I live. Right at the base of the Adirondack Mountains.

I'm at the edge of civilization here.

I poke fun at it, but after 15 years in Phoenix, I love it up here!

Comment

Chuck

I searched for Croghan . Got a pic of a Candy Store [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . I got a map also -- damn you are virtually in Canada !!
                  That's a long motorcycle journey for me on my next visit to New York [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    <font color="yellow">I'd drop dead if I found a cool Charvel in North Carolina....I swear, the good ol' boy network has a boycot going on with them [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                    </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Prepare to die Sam. Splawn has Charvels in stock [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I just googled Crogham. It's not even a town it's a village. It does look nice, out of the rat race. I have been to big stores here in L.A. that don't even have a USA J/C product, so I think it's a big deal that where you live has 4 or more.
                      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Yep, the Croghan Candy store. That's our claim to fame. Well, that and Croghan Blogona.
                        Main Street is about 2/10's of a mile long, and it's back to wilderness. I live about 4 miles outside of town, and drive by that Candy Store every day.

It's funny up here...if you haven't spent your entire life here, you are "from away. Even my folks, who were born and brought up here, but moved away for many years are considerd "from away"!

"...out of the rat race." Yeah, understatment of the month!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          <font color="yellow">I'd drop dead if I found a cool Charvel in North Carolina....I swear, the good ol' boy network has a boycot going on with them [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                          </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Prepare to die Sam. Splawn has Charvels in stock [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">OK, OK, fine......but you still aren't getting my guitars from Mrs LPC [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Wow....on this end of this Godforsaken State all I've found for cool Jackson's/Charvel's is my Jackson Custom Dinky #3510 in Greenville that Krista found [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Chuck,

My In-laws are from Lowville. I have never seen a music store anywhere near there before...thought Utica might have had something but all I found was a brewery ..Have to check it out on my next trip up....Where in Watertown is it???

Bill

Comment

OMG! Someone knows about Lowville!

Dr. Guitar in Watertown on...Arsenal Street, I think.. It's actually a pretty good store, all things considerd!

Comment

Working...
                              X