Funny Soloist review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Soloist review

I was just browsing the Musician's Friend site looking at some jacksons when I stumbled on this review of a SL2H by some guy with the handle GuitarGuy4564:

May 4, 2005 - I am 11 years old, and I have been playing guitar for a little over a month. I am primarily a Gibson player (I own a Les Paul Standard, and I have and SG Standard in the mail). Although I can't play very much (I can play "Brain Stew" by Green Day like a pro)I played this guitar at a Guitar Center, and said why not. Turns out that I am totally converted!! I got home, plugged into my Marshall Half-Stack, and my parents couldn't believe how good I sounded. As soon as my SG comes, it's going straight under the bed, where my Les Paul currently resides. The metal-sounding tone on this axe nails the "Brain Stew" sound exactly, and my friends at school all want to start playing guitar too after they came to my birthdday party and saw my collection. Thanks Jackson!

This is GOT to be a joke

Re: Funny Soloist review

Ah who knows, depends on the parents. One of my father's friends used to spoil his children something bad. He had a son who was my age and we were both getting our 1st cars(this was in 87), he wanted a new Porsche 928 his dad told him thats too much, I'll get you a 944 Turbo, he didn't want to spend more than 50K on his 1st car, remember this was 1987, when you could get a fully loaded 4x4 Pickup for 18K. He also had a younger son 10 at a time, who decided he was gonna play guitar(he had never even picked one up before). They went to the music store came home about 3 hours later with about $5000 in gear. Fender Strat USA, Fender Twin Reverb or something amp , bunch of pedals, extra tubes, all sort of shit. That hobby lasted about a week.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

what 11 year old uses the word "primarily"?
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        what 11 year old uses the word "primarily"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some rich little spoiled ass bastard, probably
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Don't worry guys. He'll pay for every penny of it when he grows up and his life is all f**ked up because he has no respect for money or his parents!
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I don't think this is even funny. I don't have any problem with people who spend a lot of money in guitars. But to buy LPs and SGs to put under the bed?!!

Comment

That's attempt-at-being-funny bullshit by some balding 50 year old.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

probably an ESP player
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  probably an ESP player

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that... the whole review sounds like good ol' sarcasm to me. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Rip Glitters' reviews are still the best !!
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I grew up with a kid that got a brand new Chevy Baja pickup or graduation (1989), which he proceeded to completely destroy within 30,000 miles. Went through one transmission, three sets of tires, two sets of brakes, a set of shocks, and numerous other parts. Finally suceeded in blowing the engine. He said he was very disappointed in the quality of GM trucks. He was also disappointed, in that another classmate got a new Ferrari and he only got a truck.

I got a bike for graduation. It was stolen three months later. Got a plane ticket for college graduation. I still wouldn't trade my upbringing for anyone's, though. At least I appreciate the value of a dollar now.

Comment

If I bought my kids a Les Paul and an SG standard and THEN a Soloist there is no way in hell any of them would be under the bed! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                        Not even if I was hiding it from them because it was to be a surprise. Nope! I'd be playing it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What a weird "review". [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are those the ones where the kid talks about kicking his brothers ass for just looking at his guitar and playing so loud he, trashed his neighbours house, and the pure rock that his guitar is.

If so you have a link to thosae reviews.
                          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are those the ones where the kid talks about kicking his brothers ass for just looking at his guitar and playing so loud he, trashed his neighbours house, and the pure rock that his guitar is.

If so you have a link to thosae reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's one for a Polka Dot RR from Rip Glitter.

http://harmonycentral.com/Guitar/Dat..._Dot_V-01.html

Comment

When I was 12 I had a 62 SG, 78 Les Paul, and a 75 Strat. I bought them with my paper route money. Back then those guitars could be bought so cheap it wasnt even funny..........

Comment

Working...
                              X