Children Of Bodom Jacksons (PT II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Children Of Bodom Jacksons (PT II)

I'm not a huge fan of CoB, but still listen to their stuff... Alexi is nevertheless a talented bastard, amazing live. Ok, maybe his solos aren't that original etc. , but with not that many players jumping to Jackson camp why not keep him happy and try to get him a guitar in reasonable time? At least he's known for playing and loving Jackson and people listening to CoB/Sinergy seem likely to start playing guitar / use Jackson because their idol does. From what I've heared he placed an order on a new custom... maybe he's getting himself one even with this ESP endorsement ****.

It seems a little odd that he couldn't possible play any other Jackson model / whatever , but then jumped for the ESP deal.. I'd imagine what he's getting now is "further" away from (at least from the real thing ) an USA Jackson he could have gotten basically anywhere. Dunno what ESP offered... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

And how his guitars got stolen: After a gig, I think it was in Tavastia in Finland they had a party at their rehearsal room with people from different bands and lots of people they (COB - or maybe no one ) knew. The room is full of gear, guitars on the walls etc and Alexi's two were put a little aside - behind a couch in fact. So during the evening either someone, knowing what to look for, grabbed the cases and took off. Because he didn't take the first guitar to be seen this proves he was after those two. OK, and since these are finns drinking we're talking about it's no wonder no one noticed anything odd. Hell, I'd be surprised to if they had noticed had the whole room been cleared. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Lol, I know on a regular friday evening I wouldn't [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

"he should really put forth the effort to check into the JacksonStars 24 fret Rhoads that is available in Japan"

Speaking of Jackson Stars (the guitars for Japan). How do I get one of those? I want the 24 fret RR1 sooooooo bad!
      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

If it were my company, every person would be important to me and I would do everything to especially help artists out in any way possible.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If it were your company ,and you spent your time and money in this way. You would no longer have a company. As much as anyone feels for the guy, successful businesses have to make decisions that are fiscally responsible, not emotionally driven. I want them to concentrate on making good guitars and keeping them as low priced as possible.

I'm sure Alexi would have stayed with Jackson if they'd gone out of their way to get a 24-fret Rhoads into his hands right away. The guy needs guitars to tour, Jackson wouldn't budge on a year-plus timeframe, and ESP is there offering him a deal he can't refuse.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is silly. What your saying is The Fender Corporation(DBA Jackson) should shift all production to accommodate a guy that could get USA select series immediately and play it until his custom arrived. Meanwhile the guy that pays his hard earned cash from doing the 8 to 5 thing and finally earned enough to buy a custom guitar has his shelved.

Face the facts Alexi is an opportunist and took a lucrative deal from ESP. It has absolutely nothing to do with what type of guitar he plays. I doubt he makes much money(otherwise he would of had a back up custom). He took a bad situation(losing his guitar) and made a career move in his favor.

[ January 26, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

I doubt he makes much money(otherwise he would of had a back up custom).
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know about the money... right now COB is #1 in sales here in finland. But he did in fact have 2 of those customs and a 3rd badly beat-up one that he even used for a while. He had a while a rhoads of some sort borrowed from a local music store ( and this was ofcourse sold later as "being played by alexi" ). And he really would have had chances to use a Jackson had he wanted to. So this brings us to:

Face the facts Alexi is an opportunist and took a lucrative deal from ESP. It has absolutely nothing to do with what type of guitar he plays.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Indeed. I think I even heared that Alexi lost the endorsement deal with Jackson when Fender bought it. So maybe Fender didn't want to "renew" the deal now that Alexi needed a new guitar?

I think he's gear isn't that big a deal though - and like everyone here I'm sticking with Jackson no matter he or pretty mych anyone decides to play. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] But one other thing to note ( this is as off-topic as it gets ), now that CoB is in fact the best selling artist in finland they really have to play it on radio. This has happened never before... and people are starting to think that " Oh, other people like 'em - so they must be cool " - and even if I'm not really happy with this kind of behaviour maybe other bands start getting the attention they deserve - or at least even some. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LRGman:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If it were my company, every person would be important to me and I would do everything to especially help artists out in any way possible.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If it were your company ,and you spent your time and money in this way. You would no longer have a company. As much as anyone feels for the guy, successful businesses have to make decisions that are fiscally responsible, not emotionally driven. I want them to concentrate on making good guitars and keeping them as low priced as possible.

It's fiscally responsible to keep your endorsers happy. Ibanez is the top seller on Earth because Steve Vai gets what he wants from them. Jackson has been excessively emotional by pretending
            to be above this fray while they've sunk
            deeper into fiscal quicksand. They make
            great guitars but DON'T know how to run a
            business. Good PR translates into sales!

I'm sure Alexi would have stayed with Jackson if they'd gone out of their way to get a 24-fret Rhoads into his hands right away. The guy needs guitars to tour, Jackson wouldn't budge on a year-plus timeframe, and ESP is there offering him a deal he can't refuse.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">(QUOTE)That is silly. What your saying is The Fender Corporation(DBA Jackson) should shift all production to accommodate a guy that could get USA select series immediately and play it until his custom arrived. Meanwhile the guy that pays his hard earned cash from doing the 8 to 5 thing and finally earned enough to buy a custom guitar has his shelved. (QUOTE)

Your comment is what's silly; here's why.
            Actually he can't immediately get a USA Select 24-fret Rhoads, because Jackson considers it Custom Shop to do that. In
            fact I think if Fender were interested in
            keeping Jackson viable, they would have done just that (shelving the order of an
            8-to-5 guy or 10). He NEEDS it to make a
            living; the dayjob guy just WANTS it to show off to his buddies, and has already accepted the year-and-a-half wait as another status symbol, so yeah, you and I can wait! But since Fender is likely to
            suffocate Jackson, this point is moot.

(QUOTE)Face the facts Alexi is an opportunist and took a lucrative deal from ESP. It has absolutely nothing to do with what type of guitar he plays. I doubt he makes much money(otherwise he would of had a back up custom). He took a bad situation(losing his guitar) and made a career move in his favor.
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Face THESE facts: Alexi is an up-and-coming artist who was loyal to Jackson, but when he needed their help they didn't step up in any way. You have no reason but your own cynicsm to say he was opportunistic about the ESP deal; he
            wouldn't likely tell fans "ESP sucks, but I may have no choice" if he really wanted
            the endorsement with them. It probably
            WILL be a career move in his favor since
            ESP is gaining market value while Jackson
            slips beneath the waves. Denying that this is what's happening now, THAT's silly!

[ January 26, 2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Now much else can be said on this I guess. No new info, but some awsome points brought up by everyone. Ah well, this thread looks like it's goin at the bottom....

Comment

My god.
                You people need more problems in you life if this is what gets you all in a tizzy.
                And being the #1 artist in finland has to be akin to being the #5 bar band in Milwaukee.
                IE: Nobody gives a rats ass what you play.
                Just my 2 cents.

LMAO. This is what it takes to be "Member Rated"

[ January 26, 2003, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: A.Pulverizer ]

Comment

"The Admins here don't make policy for Jackson - never have, never will, so asking them to chime in on this is pointless. I can't imagine why anyone thinks Fender/Jackson listens to the JCF, especially on this type of situation"

They offered to try to help the situation on their own last time, so this post ws directed towards those guys who said they would try to do something to help Alexi out.

"On the point of "Jackson should have interrupted all other Custom Shop orders to give priority to Alexi's 24 fret Rhoads" - first, maybe Alexi should take better care of his gear so that it doesn't get stolen, second, he's not THAT important, third, he should really put forth the effort to check into the JacksonStars 24 fret Rhoads that is available in Japan, fifth, he should look into a Soloist or Kelly if he simply cannot play with "only" 22 frets."

Hey, bout him taking care of his guitars, **** happens. That's just a dumb comment. It seems people are tryin to steal famous player's guitars lately anyhow. And to say he's not that important, who is to say who is important? If it were my company, every person would be important to me and I would do everything to especially help artists out in any way possible. Lotta kids pick up Jacksons (or any other name brand) because they favorite artists use them. And yah, I agree he should use a soloist if he really needs 24 frets.

"And this REALLY belongs in the Artists and Their Gear section."

I never really scrolled down to see those other forums, lol. Now I know...

Reason I replied to you specifically wasen't that I have something against you NewC, but I greatly disagree with how you approached this post, specifically by saying Alexi isn't that important. Hey, it's America and we all have out freedom of speech, but if you were running a company, would you say your customers aren't that important, especially the famous guys that use and swear by your product?

Guess the guys at the CoB and Sinergy forum are gonna have to wait for the new tour to see what's goin on with their gear

Comment

The most skillfull musicians usually come from Scandinavia.
                    I doubt Milwaukee can even top that

Comment

Jeez, you wouldn't think that it would have been that difficult for Jackson to ship out a Japanese JacksonStar or two to Alexi if they couldn't make him a custom model in time. He may not be the biggest star in the world, but he seems to have been one of the more enthusiastic Jackson endorsers out there, particularly in the Euro-metal world.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:

Fender has already shown their new San Dimas style Strats for 2003, and they have Max Cavalera of Soulfly (formerly of Sepultura? I forget) using neckthrough Squires (Strathead Soloist ripoff), so why should Fender pursue COB or any other rising act for a Jackson endorsement, when they can just as well pursue them for a Fender/Squire Jackson-copy endorsement?
                        Newc
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Max Cavalera from Soulfy (formerly of Sepultura) has his own ESP signature model he plays. You are thinking of Andreas Kisser (still in Sepultura), who sometimes plays Stagemasters. He also still plays his Jackson RR and an old Charvel too.

Comment

OK guys,
                          I want to tell you my thought.
                          In my opinion we will never know the truth about the Alexi/Jackson's episode,and personally I don't give a f**k of what kind of guitar he'll play.Maybe he did this choice just for money or to have free guitars,or maybe not.This will not change my mind about Jackson axes,and I think it will not for the true jackson lovers too.

Comment

OK folks, the truth of the matter is that FENDER F&*$ED UP BIGTIME!!!!!!!! Fender dropped the ball bigtime on this one. I'm sure some of you will remember at the time of the Fender buyout when Alexi's guitars got stolen that I posted this EXACT scenario happening with ESP snatching up Alexi. I may have to go to the old board and dig that up.

I was the person who originally offered Alexi a USA neck-thru Jackson to use until Jackson could get him a new one. I was never contacted by anyone in the band to take me up on the offer although I got a "thanks" from Kim/Sinergy.

This whole situation pisses me off to no end and leaves me in total disgust for Fender's handling of the matter. Alexi Laiho is probably the hottest upcoming guitar player in the world right now. He has been playing 80's USA Custom Shop Jacksons that he paid for out of his own pocket for years!!!! with no endorsement. The European Jackson distributor finally worked a weenie endorsement deal out for Alexi but Jackson USA continually blew him off despite lots of email directed to Jackson about the subject.

Now with the old AMIC distribution chains in Europe going away, Europe will now be getting Jackson's through their Fender distribution chain. Fender just plain dropped the ball and did nothing despite being told about this exact situation. I remember a thread at the beginning of the buyout that said "What should Fender do first?" My reply was to snag Alexi Laiho quick before ESP got him since his Jackson's were stolen.

Nobody to blame here but Fender.

Comment

Greg, I could kiss you [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , but I won't. Thx a bunch for the update

Comment

First of all, hi everybody, I just registered but have followed this forum for a while now. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I just took part in an online chat with Janne Warman (keyboardist) and Henkka Blacksmith (bassist) from CoB at www.rockhard.de
                                and I asked them about the whole Jackson episode.

I asked why they switched, here's what Henkka answered:
                                "the Jackson thing now just became too difficult when this fender thing happened."

He also said that all of them are going to have custom ESPs and that they plan on staying with ESP; Henkka said as long as they like their ESPs they have no reason to change back again.

Just wanted to share that. I think that just adds to what Greg said.
                                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                                X