• Show
Clear All

Re: Children Of Bodom Jacksons (PT II)

Welcome Fifth_Horseman!

Thanks for the upate, and Greg's sheds a
    lot of light too. I fear Fender has no
    plans for Jackson's long-term future, and
    when I've said Jackson dropped the ball I
    was of coure referring to Fender-owned Jackson.

I don't think less of Jackson GUITARS over this; they are obviously tops. That
    doesn't mean COB are traitors for going
    with ESP though, and it doesn't mean ESP
    can't build them guitars of Jackson quality. Just because their production line is lower-quality doesn't mean their
    Custom Shop can't build great guitars.
    They stepped up when Alexi needed them and that's more than Fender/Jackson did.
    Let's concentrate on praying the 2004 Jacksons don't say Squier on the headstock, shall we?
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Greg, thanks for the greatest post ever in this discussion.

Jackson has done things like this before, haven't they? Lost a great guitarist to ESP, Ibanez or similar, even though it's obvious that his popularity is only going to rise to unknown height.

They might be loosing Marty too and he is one of their biggest names.
      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

This is the exact kind of thing that comes back to bite a company in the longrun. Dean Zelinsky once told me that he blew off a phone call from Randy Rhoads about building him a custom guitar(remember the early pic of Rhoads with a Dean V?) Dean could have become the "Jackson" of the 80's if he had only taken that one phone call and built Randy the guitar he wanted.

Comment

This whole thing is really worrying. I think I'm going to have to get another Jackson quickly so that I know it came from the pre-Fender days.

It can't be THAT difficult to get a guitar to someone who is an artist, even if they are a small band (on the worldwide music stage), especially if that artist has a relationship with the compnay already.

Comment

Working...
          X