Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Charvel Guitars

Hello again,

I continue to do research and I'm wondering if any of yall (yes yall) have had any experience with his new line. Actually im waiting on a price from his company and have a couple of questions:

1) Are they worth the price?
    2) Any good and/or bad experiences with the new line?
    3) What do you think of a rock legend in a gateway cow pattern (matching headstock of course)?

Thanks for your time and the great posts!

Black Out!

Re: Wayne Charvel Guitars

Well, I played a Monster (unfinished Mahogany) and one with a leopard finish. Well made, but I don't know if they are worth the money. You are better off with GMW. Wayne's will hold their value better. The necks are very comfortable and the finish is great, but they are slightly overpriced in my opinion.

Comment

I'm not convinced Waynes will hold their value better than GMW. The ones I see on ebay seem to be selling for the same as GMWs in spite of what the owners think they are worth. Some low number guitars like the one Peedenmark is selling are probably well worth the asking price, but he has several and claims the early models are superior to the later ones.

A couple of folks here have them and are in the same pool as Wodka regarding wether they are worth the money or not.

My personal opinion would be to go with GMW, too.

Comment

I have been looking at something from either GMW or Wayne as well and in my opinion there's really not too much difference in construction/qaulity (at least for older waynes, maybe new ones suck?) and they both can do high quality paintjobs, so I'd agree with these dudes and say if you want something to bang around, get a GMW, as an investment, get a low number Wayne.

As a side note, have you seen all the Wayne's on eBay lately, especially the EVHs? Guitar world has that big article on EVH this month and eBay is overflowing w/ replica guitars.

Comment

I have a rock legend & price i got mine at the so called original pricing of 1400+ since price increase the same store is selling them for 1700. mine is a plain jane black w/ chrome hardware 1 hum 1knob. the specials will hold there value better because they only made a few then stopped & to the best of my knowledge they were the only waynes with compound radius fret boards.
          for me it was worth it only because its like the SD charvel i always wanted & couldnt have. they do play great & its actually the only guitar made after 87 that i own. i have not played GMWs but have nuthing but great things. IMO what will hold its value people like logos on the headstocks, i had a suhr parts guitar i could get **** fot it because it had no LOGO unbolt the neck & its was signed & dated body & neck.

Comment

Working...
          X