Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from long time Charvel addict.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from long time Charvel addict.....

Greetings fellow Charvel-heads and Jackson-ites.

I'll start with the basics... I grew up in the Eddie/Lynch/Satch era.... started with pawn shop guitars, kits, and such... and found myself doing alot of the same mods that Wayne Charvel and crew were doing to typical strats.

My current main guitar is a '95 Koa Charvel SanDimas II. Neck dimarzio is still stock... Seymour JB trembucker in the bridge.

The blue beast in the middle has sortof been with me the longest though.... At one point it was an ash bodied, single humbucker Charvel. The neck, hardware, and pickups were changed a few times, and most recently the bridge area gave way and cracked wide open. Now it's been reborn with a mighty-mite quilt topped ash body, single JB hum, birdseye maple fender neck, and my original, ancient Floyd. A true "Eddie" in spirit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The others are an assortment of Jacksons and Charvels that are constantly swapping parts and being rebuilt.

My Flame top DX was sold and I picked up a quilted Jackson PC3 (mahogany body and flame maple neck)... I've got an older toothpaste logo Charvel... a 375 I think. A couple of Journeyman models... and boxes and boxes of assorted parts. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Regardless of which one I use, I fire it up through a Mesa Single Recto and have fun.

Glad to be here.

Re: Greetings from long time Charvel addict.....

Great first post. Welcome to the boards dude! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Now let's see some more pics of those beauties ya got there. That Koa body is absolutly beautiful [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome!
      Nice collection, but I would buy some strings [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome aboard...Awesome people here,you'll love it..Great Koa..now spread the deck and show the rest of your cards....
        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Thanks guys... I absolutely love this Koa Charvel.

It was pretty rough when I first got it....

I sanded the neck and body down and started re-applying coats of tung oil.

As for strings.... You don't want to go there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

About 10 or more years ago, I started tuning my guitars in perfect fifths with compensated gauges to keep the string tension normal. My guitars have a 5 octave range (that low F is only 1/2 step away from the low E on a bass.[/i]

Comment

I'll show pics of the rest as I finish putting them back together.... I'm drilling the holes for the floyd on the Blue Mighty Mite this weekend. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

welcome great pics...
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

cool guitars, welcome.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Great collection.

Comment

Oh yeah... I'll share my uber-secret discovery I made a few years back after working on a guy's PRS....

I was digging through my parts box and thought "Oh my god... I forgot to put his strap buttons on... hey waitaminute.... this one's chrome. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Then I realized that it was a Fender bass string retainer. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

They're come in gold silver and black.... are larger but closer to the body so they'll never slip off... and they don't squeak, rattle, or give way like straplocks can.

And they're only THREE BUCKS. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome dude! I hope you enjoy the board like many of us do.

Oh yeah, rockin axes dude.

Comment

Nice guitars, welcome.

Comment

Nice family picture ,I can't wait to see the rest and Welcome Aboard.

Comment

Welcome to JCF. Awesome collection and cheers [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool! Welcome. You're from the Carvin board, aren't you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X