Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could only live with one J/C guitar style..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you could only live with one J/C guitar sty

Strat bitches. STRAAATS. What else do you need?

Comment

My DK2LE for sure. Any Jackson or Charvel with the one hum configuration suits me.

Comment

<----what else?! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

i hate playing strats standing... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
          Hear the universe scream
          Bleeding from black holes
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            i hate playing strats standing... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            why my good sire, why? care to elaborate?

Comment

I think a strat is most comfortable sitting down. I dont like the way it feels standing up, I feel like it needs to be to high up on my chest to play it right (all vernon reid style) I think the Kelly is the Shit.. and The KV is too but I think the kelly is cooler
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

i guess it's just my body shape or something...the top horn digs into my rib cage and i have to strap them up high to have a comfortable playing angle or whatever. i spent most of my time learning guitar sitting on my bed(w/strat bodies) so that probably has a lot to do with it. every pointy guitar i own, especially my Death Angel and WRMG is much more comfortable standing and trying to rock out a bit. they just fit me. and imo they look very cool! i just snagged a KV2 off the bay also. i'm 99% positive i've got 2 strat body guitars for sale! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                Hear the universe scream
                Whom horns careless
                And whom God mourns

Comment

isnt a dinky & a soloist the same shape just bolton/neckthru. soloist was my choice but dinky or FS strat all good

Comment

i'm drunk and i'm getting angry with all the rounded strat shape lovers...damn you all to hell i say... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    Hear the universe scream
                    Whom horns careless
                    And whom God mourns

Comment

Re: If you could only live with one J/C guitar style..

i chose rhoads cause they rock!

Comment

The most comfortable guitar to play sitting down, is the Rhoads, period. I can sit back in my chair, very comfortable, with the guitar in a classical position and just play. The strat shapes don't come near it.

For standing up, I like guitars that are a bit back heavy, like an LP or an old Flying V. The strats don't want to hang right, and nor does the Rhoads.

I'm sick of going into a guitar store and seing strats with white pickguards left and right. Bleh! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i agree 100% with u sunbane. rhoads are super comfy when ur sitting down.

Comment

They are very comfortable in the classical position, but i sit "classical" with strat shapes as well, and i find them equally comfortable, both while standing and sitting.

But for some reason i just don´t care for the look of v´s anymore, so strat/soloist/dinky for me.

Comment

Ya know, as a dealer, I handle hundreds of guitars.
                              And tho Im not the biggest WR1 Usa fan, Its by far my favorite and most comfortable axe.
                              So Im gonna actually step out on a limb and say a Usa WR1 with an oiled neck...
                              2nd place or equally tied up there with the Warrior is an SL2H.

Comment

Working...
                              X