• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shipping To Belgium

Thanks bro!! Jack.

Comment

The USPS uses DHL for their international shipping (last I saw, anyway). Insurance to Germany is limited to $500.

Check around the usps site - www.usps.com - calculate a shipment, and check the restrictions for Belgium when you select that country as the Destination.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What you guys want is the International Mail Manual. Specifically all of the limitations and exclusions for shipping to Belgium. When you look at those pages, *always* read the "Observations" section as that will include any country-specific gotchas. Airmail Parcel Post (10-14 day service) has an insurance limit of $5,000, while Global Express has a limit of $2,499.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I should also add that given the relative (in)competence of the average postal employee it's not a bad idea at all to print those pages out and take them along when shipping so you have something to point to and base your (seemingly inevitible) argument(s) upon.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Just be aware that shipping with USPS will take forever! I shipped a guitar to Scotland and it took almost 3 months and they told me it would only take 3-4 weeks. I just sent an RR5 to a forum member and spent the extra $$$ to ship express, which they assured me would only take 2-3 weeks and after 5 weeks, still nothing.

Comment

Depends on where it goes. I shipped one global express recently and IIRC it hit customs in the receiving country in about 24 hours. A couple of days to clear across a weekend then the first delivery attempt maybe 4-5 days after it was mailed. If you ship via the cheapest method your package goes by sea and it takes forever, if you ship via a faster method the holdups are usualy in how fast it gets through customs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Just be aware that shipping with USPS will take forever! I shipped a guitar to Scotland and it took almost 3 months and they told me it would only take 3-4 weeks. I just sent an RR5 to a forum member and spent the extra $$$ to ship express, which they assured me would only take 2-3 weeks and after 5 weeks, still nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might have been so in your particular case, but this isn't really the case. I received my guitar timely and in a nice state.

And my package was insured as an SL2H, so it's fair to say that's more than $500.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I shipped one to Australia via UPS and it got there (to the buyer) within 2 weeks.
                  I shipped one to Tokyo via USPS and it got there within 7 days (EMS).
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I wonder if it has something to do with my local post office then? I can see one guitar taking a long time, but now 2 of them in a row which was shipped from the same location are taking a long time. Either way, if I ever ship a guitar overseas again, it won't be USPS

Comment

Working...
                    X