Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soloist neck thru - scalloped pocket or not

[ QUOTE ]
    ohh ic well can u still access high fret acces with the rr1?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I never had any problems with the RRs I have played and the KV-1 I have. They have much much better access than a non-scalloped Soloist shape. Some people think an extra cutaway(like the ESP Laiho model ugh [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]) would help but I really have full access to all the frets, I don't see why I would screw with the cosmetics of the guitar for that.

Comment

Look for it Monday, I have pics of it at work that my web sales guy took for me. Its not drastically different from a neck thru soloist pocket except that the scallop doesn't have as much of a "ledge" its just a bit more comfortable. Not a very huge difference but I think its slightly more comfortable particularly when sitting down. Mockingbirds are already a nuisance to play sitting down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Mockingbirds are already a nuisance to play sitting down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any problem. In fact I find the Mock to be very comfortable. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

That has to be a joke, Mockingbird is like the most comfortable guitar to play sitting down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            That has to be a joke, Mockingbird is like the most comfortable guitar to play sitting down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, comes in just after a Rhoads [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I never had any problems with the RRs I have played and the KV-1 I have. They have much much better access than a non-scalloped Soloist shape. Some people think an extra cutaway(like the ESP Laiho model ugh [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]) would help but I really have full access to all the frets, I don't see why I would screw with the cosmetics of the guitar for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I never have any problems, and am seriously thankful that there isn't a lower horn to get in my hands way when fretting the lower strings up high, imagine having 2 more frets up there. I think I'd enjoy the extra cutaway on a 24 fret RR.

Comment

I think 24 frets on an RR is an abomination too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

As promised here is a pic of the back of my Mockingbird SLP Archtop. Its kinda hard to tell from the picture (blame my website guy who took the tiny picture), but the only real difference is the gradiant, it doesn't have as much of a "ledge" as alot of the jackson neck thrus. Its pretty minor but it does make a small difference.

Comment

Working...
                  X