Finding a Build Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a Build Sheet

Alrighty. I've got a 1989 Soloist, and I'd like to see if Jackson could find and email me the build sheet for it.

But I can't seem to find a 'contact us' kind of email on their website at all.

Does anyone know anything at all about where I can find the order sheet or build sheet for my Soloist?

Thanks
    Drazden

Re: Finding a Build Sheet

I don't think Jackson does this anymore.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Why not? It'd sure be nice to know what kind of pickups my guitar came with stock--who it was delivered to, etc., etc.

Comment

Not really sure. Too busy building new guitars I guess. Honestly, it's probably for the best.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Ah well... It's not like I needed the thing. But... can somebody tell me what kind of pickup came in the bridge stock? Someone replaced whatever humbucker was in there with a gibson pickup that is just all mids. Very low-rent Van Halen. But I need to know what was in there originally. The neck pickup is a Jackson single-coil.

Thanks.

Comment

There's a good chance it was a Duncan JB in the bridge. That's been the pickup of choice for a long time.
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Trust me, you really don't want the stock Jackson bridge humbucker. My '87 Soloist had the same pickups, and it is tonally about the same. Maybe more highs, but still no low end. Put your choice of pickups instead and bring the guitar alive.

From personal experience, I can say that Duncan Distortion, Custom, or JB would sound really good. From the Dimarzio side, I have a Tone Zone in the bridge of an '86 RR that absolutely kills.

Comment

Most late 80's Jacksons I have seen came stock with Jackson pickups,usually covered!!

Comment

Probably either a J-80, J-90 or J-90C [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

While others don´t like them, I personally do like the jackson Pickups quite a bit... they don´t tend to fetch top dollar, so you may definitely want to try it if nothing else [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

If it also had the active preamp in it, it was most likely a J50B or BC humbucker.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      From personal experience, I can say that Duncan Distortion, Custom, or JB would sound really good. From the Dimarzio side, I have a Tone Zone in the bridge of an '86 RR that absolutely kills.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got an '86 now too?
                      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

thanks guys--it's more just idle curiosity though. i think i'll play it a little more with my band before I decide to switch it. By itself, it sounds wayy too middy. In a band, though, it just cuts really well through the mix.

Comment

Working...
                        X