Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats Going on with Jackson's Custom Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Going on with Jackson's Custom Shop?

Alright! I need talking down from the ledge. I posted a message several weeks ago about my spalted V that was pictured on Jackson's web site. It was finished and would be on its way to Vwall and to me soon after. Well thats where my story takes a hard turn to shitsville. It seemed to get misplaced for 2 weeks or so and when it showed up to Scott it had a crack in the scarf joint and some wear at the headstock on the binding. It seems again Jackson doesn't know how to package their own guitars for shipping. I mean come on how many times have we heard a similar story as this. Its getting ridiculous to wait a year for a custom guitar only to have to send it back and have to wait all over again. They need to look closely in to this and get it corrected. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Re: Whats Going on with Jackson\'s Custom Shop?

This is really fucked up.

I hope you get your guitar back asap. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I would not even want it after this...
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I would be so pissed if I were you [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I've had no success in getting info about ordering a custom shop from my dealer's rep. I'd really like to get a Jackson but the more I read here and my own experience trying to deal with them through my dealer is giving me a bad feeling.

This is the one?

Comment

Ouch, that's fucked up.

Comment

Dude I'm sorry to hear about your loss. But just a bit of advice. From now on make sure you get anything guitar wise sent next day. I'll never have a custom axe sent to me ground ever again. I just don't understand the guys that say you spent way to much on shipping. If you spend that much on an axe why not have it shipped overnight for and extra 150 so those gorilla's don't have it for more than a day. Again it's just a suggestion. I speak from experience. Hope everything works out for you.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Dude I'm sorry to hear about your loss. But just a bit of advice. From now on make sure you get anything guitar wise sent next day. I'll never have a custom axe sent to me ground ever again. I just don't understand the guys that say you spent way to much on shipping. If you spend that much on an axe why not have it shipped overnight for and extra 150 so those gorilla's don't have it for more than a day. Again it's just a suggestion. I speak from experience. Hope everything works out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear that. I bought a Gibson SG doubleneck and had it shipped via two-day service for that very reason. I looked at it as an overall very small percentage of the cost of the guitar, and figured it would be handled a bit safer.

I hope you can come to some kind of resolution; maybe they can expedite a new build for you. Best of luck.

- Eric
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

ouch, that sucks man. i hope it all works out for you in some way. if that's the same guitar...man that's killer!!

-Mike
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

That sucks dude. But in all honesty there are not many cases where I've heard this happening, especially with a custom shop coming straight from Jackson. Very sorry it happened to you, especially since that's such a beautiful guitar and all, but have patience with the fix is all I can really say. Maybe the dealer could work something out with ya, free shipping or something [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks all. Yeah thats the one! I did have overnight shipping but from Vwall to me not from Jackson to Vwall. It wasn't an option. As for this not happening I have read many a post regarding the Slatqh having damage to the neck due to improper shipping and others getting banged around in cases and some being over wrapped. Scott is doing everything he can and I am sure he will resolve this, but Jackson needs to take some steps to prevent this much more than they are!
                    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

That really does suck. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Comment

fucking horrible dude...this scares me. you need to post this in Ask Jackson and demand answers!
                        Hear the universe scream
                        Bleeding from black holes
                        Whom horns careless
                        And whom God mourns

Comment

That sucks big time.
                          I´ve been waiting for your pics of that one after the teasers a little while ago.
                          Must be one of the coolest guitars ever!!!

Comment

In Jackson's defense, both JCF01 and JCF02 were shipped with no more "extra" packing than bubblewrap around the case inside the box, and AFAIK none got broken during shipment (or was there one JCF01 that did and they got the replacement?)

It's not Jackson, it's the shipping company. They are, like every other company, always looking for ways to move more product for less cost, so things get thrown that should be carried, they get stacked when they shouldn't be stacked, they get stood on their heads when they shouldn't be, and they get dropped in the rush because you cannot handle cardboard boxes all day without dropping one or two. Cardboard absorbs the moisture in your hands quickly and leaves you with a sever case of butterfingers, and no, your employer does not provide you the time to wash and dry your hands every 30 boxes, and grippy gloves don't always work.

You can't just say "UPS needs to be careful and Jackson needs to pack them better", because UPS'll say "we don't have this problem enough times to justify the extra time and expense on our end, and the manufacturer needs to package it better", to which the manufacturer replies "we don't have this problem enough times to justify the extra time and expense on our end, the shipper needs to be more careful".

And if you think Overnight or Next Day shipping means they take better care of it, you're wrong. That's an even bigger rush job than 3-day ground, and the risk is doubled. I received a one-of-a-kind Custom Shop Archtop Soloist via Next Day, and the nose of the headstock was split. No amount of partial refund would restore the original resale value or collectibility, and a full refund was out of the question because that doesn't reverse the problem.

Sorry it happened, but it happens. Have them fix it if they can, and if they have to rebuild it completely, hopefully they'll get it out faster.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I mean come on how many times have we heard a similar story as this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first time I've heard it where it was sent from Jackson.

I've had several guitar sent to me directly from Jackson, with no bubble wrap, just the guitar in a case in a box. None of them had any problems.

It sucks that your guitar got messed up, but it's not a consistent problem for Jackson. Besides, you only had to wait one year, that's a lot better than most of mine took.
                              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
                              X