New guitar, Charvel, wanted to get more info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guitar, Charvel, wanted to get more info

Hi guys, im new here, and i joined incase u guys could gimee some info on a guitar i just received...

just traded in my 98' Epiphone Korina explorer for this Charvel...+$100, i kinda think the money was a little much but my explorer got no playtime and i wanted something with a floyd rose. This is a Charvel, dont know the model and the serial is 282068. the jackson pickup in it was complete poop, no sustain, so i put my Les Paul's old Agile humbucker in (kept the jackson cover tho) and know it sounds great.

Here it is, if anyone knows any info on these, id appreciate it, it was around $395 used, but i got 300 bucks store credit.

[/QUOTE]

this is what it says on the back of the plate:"CHARVEL
    P.O. Box2344
    Fort Worth
    TX76113
    U.S.A."

Can anyone figure out what year?, where it was made?, how good a guitar these are claimed to be, and how much these cost if sold?

BTW it came with OHSC

Re: New guitar, Charvel, wanted to get more info

<font color="aqua">first off, welcome to the forum. It's a 87-88 Model 2 that looks as if it's been modified a bit. The body is definitely a refin and looks as though it's been heavily rounded over and beveled on the edges. These were made in Japan and they are an excellent guitar. </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Model 2,Japanese made from late 80's, usually sold for $200-300 on E-bay.

Comment

Charvel Model 2 made in 1986 or 87 in Japan. Never seen one that color.

Best imports ever.

New price is irrelevant, as that was almost 20 years ago, but today they can go as high as $300 dead mint with case, because people fight over them so they can make various EVH and other San Dimas-era graphic copies.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Looks like a model 2 thats been refinished green,Made in Japan maybe 87-88?More value if you keep it.Got any pictures of the back?

Comment

I guess we were all 3 posting at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I guess we were all 3 posting at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Dave ->

Comment

Hey Budman you think its even the original body? Also does the logo on the neck say Made in USA under Charvel, for a second I thought it may be a parts guitar but I agree with Budman. The neck plate tells you its an import for sure, I was still curious about the neck though because I could not see the logo.
                Edited to say: Never Mind I see the logo now model 2 like twenty other people said I just though there was a small chance it had a USA neck on it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Hey Budman you think its even the original body? Also does the logo on the neck say Made in USA under Charvel, for a second I thought it may be a parts guitar but I agree with Budman. The neck plate tells you its an import for sure, I was still curious about the neck though because I could not see the logo.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Honestly I'm not positive and a pic of the back would be helpful! </font>
                  Dave ->

Comment

Looks like everyone answered at the same time,LOL,and yeah Welcome to the forum the place with every answer you could ask about J/C related topics.

Comment

Wow not bad, i got mine for $395 w/ hard case (original)

the stock pickup (which was a jackson) was complete junk and held sustain.......horribly, so i swapped it out for an Agile.

Im probably gonna put another pickup in later, any good suggestions (i was thinking a Dimarzio SP or Evolution)

Also, how does this stack up with USA Charvels and how good is this guitar....compared to say.....an Ibanez? or a Jackson for same price?

Comment

About 95% sure it's a modded Model 2. Kinda cool - reminds me a little of the Kramer "Showster" & "Metallist" series of guitars.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Edited to say: Never Mind I see the logo now model 2 like twenty other people said I just though there was a small chance it had a USA neck on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

USA Charvel logos had the 3x3 headstock. Imports had the 6 inline headstock on the logo.

Comment

It says CHARVEL and under it made by Jackson/Charvel

Comment

I like the green color,its kinda different for a model 2,which were usually the red,white,blue ,dark blue and black finish,keep it it's different and these are cool guitars to play ,good action.

Comment

Working...
                              X