Jackson Necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Necks

Heh heh yeah I've always kind of been puzzled with the term "fast neck". All my Ibanez gits have the Wizard neck, my strat and my DK-2 have thicker necks and I play about the same on all of 'em....but man the neck on that DK-2 is sooo sweet! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm a slim neck guy, but high action will kill any speed. I think a good setup is more critical for fast acurate playing.

Comment

does the rr5 have a speed neck?

Comment

i cant play thin necks they cause me pain. i had to sell my SG-Z with 60's slim taper neck because every time i played more than 20 minutes ide have severe pain in my forearm & wrist. tho for some reason i find thinner jacksons necks comfy & dont give me that problem. its also funny both my SD soloists have custom ordered neck sizes. ones 1 5/8" nut very much like a speed neck in feel, the other is 1 3/4" nut , real thin & wide with the flat spot profile very much like a pointy charvel neck. I usually hate 1 3/4" wide necks but this thing is awesome.

Comment

I used to swear by thin necks. My 1987 RG550/560 hybrid has the original Wizard which I swore by.
            But when I purchased my PC-1, I noticed I played better with thicker necks. It's just more comfortable for me.
            I used to look at thick neck guitars and go yuck.. it's a baseball bat. I have played my Ibanez twice since I got my PC-1. It just feels weird now.
            -Rick

Comment

thicker necks also sound better, but that's a different thread.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I play just as sucky no matter if the neck is thin or thick, so I don't discriminate.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thicker necks do sound better. I just happen to know I can't play a thicker neck like I do a thinner one. I do prefer a Wizard style neck. It's the Jackson "D" profile slimline neck that pre-exists the 'Wissard'.

That's what I ordered on my customs as well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                  X