Not so good news for those of you needing warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not so good news for those of you needing warr

Never had a problem w/ warranty work. So from that perspective I can't complain about Fender or Jackson.

My little rant... I see alot of people back-peddling, now that the issue has been resolved in what appears to be the appropriate manner. Quite frankly they are not obligated to cure the problem if unauthorized repairs were done. Obviously this wasnt Donnie's fault, but none the less.
    What this post & other similar posts show me is that we need to scrutinize the people/businesses outside of the "MotherShip" that we deal with.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I am living with the fact they finally did get it right, and I think that's great. I wasn't beating a dead horse. He (Brian) was stating that FMIC is the industry leader in customer service. If that's so, then why couldn't they get it right on the first try? I wasn't blaming Brian, as I'm sure there were other people involved with Donnie's situation that either dropped the ball or didn't know what they were doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty unfair harping on McD and taking personal shots at him. He's not directly responsible with the service issue, the acutal repair, or at the factory shrugging on what they should actually do.

From what it seems, unauthorized service work was performed on the guitar prior to their receiving it. IF that's indeed the case, JCMI has no obligation to correct that issue, especially if the unauthorized work made the problem worse, or even more difficult to correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1.. An unauthorized repair VOIDS almost any warranty, regardless of manufacturer or industry... I think FMIC /JCMI even CONSIDERING to do it should already be regarded well, and I think even more of it actually being done without any major BS surrounding it...

Something tells me that the repair shop in FW, TX also has a loooong thread in the feedback section and that this almost certainly factored into the decision to D´s advantage... correct me pls if I´m wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

EWither way, props to JCMI for doing it... If it were one of my works I would have offered to do the repair cheaper if at all... somebody elso fucking up my work is not my problem [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I am living with the fact they finally did get it right, and I think that's great. I wasn't beating a dead horse. He (Brian) was stating that FMIC is the industry leader in customer service. If that's so, then why couldn't they get it right on the first try? I wasn't blaming Brian, as I'm sure there were other people involved with Donnie's situation that either dropped the ball or didn't know what they were doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty unfair harping on McD and taking personal shots at him. He's not directly responsible with the service issue, the acutal repair, or at the factory shrugging on what they should actually do.

From what it seems, unauthorized service work was performed on the guitar prior to their receiving it. IF that's indeed the case, JCMI has no obligation to correct that issue, especially if the unauthorized work made the problem worse, or even more difficult to correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1.. An unauthorized repair VOIDS almost any warranty, regardless of manufacturer or industry... I think FMIC /JCMI even CONSIDERING to do it should already be regarded well, and I think even more of it actually being done without any major BS surrounding it...

Something tells me that the repair shop in FW, TX also has a loooong thread in the feedback section and that this almost certainly factored into the decision to D´s advantage... correct me pls if I´m wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

EWither way, props to JCMI for doing it... If it were one of my works I would have offered to do the repair cheaper if at all... somebody elso fucking up my work is not my problem [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        Umm, can you guys read? Where did I ever take a personal shot at Brian? I was talking about customer service. I was also less harsh in this thread than a lot of other people.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I actually wasn´t referencing you intentionally, TJ, but merely echoing the general sentiments of previous post in which you were referenced... my bad for not editing it out [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay, you're forgiven then. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was. My apologies. hehe [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Without rereading the last 3 pages of the thread, I'd say if Donnie sent it to an authorized FMIC/JCMI sercvice center for repair, even if that repair wasn't authorized for some particular reason, it's only fair that it be honored for further repair. IS that service center authorized by FMIC/JCMI or not? If it is, than denying a warranty on such technical grounds as the paperwork would be specious and would probably not stand up say in small claims court. Either that service center is competent to do the repairs or it's not, and dodging warranty obligations on technicalities wouldn't do their rep any good.

So they did the right thing, which is exactly what they needed to do. I don't see that they did Donnie a favor, just lived up to their obligation. Good for them but it doesn't rate 'em a medal.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

If it's an authorized service center, and if the manufacturer doesn't authorize a repair and it is still performed by the service center, I would think the people doing the repair should do something. Yes/No?

(if my view was already answered in an earlier post, sorry, I don't want to read a million posts.)

Fender doesn't exactly have the most friendly customer service dept. either. I love Fender products, but not how they pull shitt like this.

Comment

I dont think FMIC is obligated in any way.. That goes to show that the CS is very good. Unauthorized repairs are not covered by warranty. If they are not authorized by FMIC they might as well been done at home. they normally will void the warranty because the go directly against what the warranty states. MBrienen is the one to ask, hes the lawyer, I am only the lawyers kid and brother of a product liability lawyer.. But I sold enough Scubapro equiptment with a lifetime warranty to know what grounds a manufacturer has to void a warranty. LOTS, thats why its called a limited lifetime warranty
                    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                    X