Charvel Custom Shop Arrived Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Custom Shop Arrived Today

First - I'm new to the forum so hello all. Second - All I can say about my new Charvel NAMM C/S is, unbelievable! It's f-ing awesome. I've owned many guitars over the years including other Charvels and Jacksons but this one is in a whole different class.

I actually do have a purpose for this post. I could use some insight on realistic delivery expectations from Jackson. I currently have two other guitars on order from Jackson. I am on month 8 for my SL1 and month 3 on my PC1. Is it normal to have a Jackson take this long to be delivered? These are not out of the ordinary custom shop graphics or anything like that. The problem is, the dealer or Jackson/Fender customer relations can't or won't give me any kind of answer on how long it's going to take. Anyone else have this experience?
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Re: Charvel Custom Shop Arrived Today

Welcome aboard!!! Now post some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

welcome and please tell us more details regarding your new Charvel.
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

What kind of a mongolian loving druid comes in here, spews about a new CS Charvy and does not post any pics!!!

My goodness they'll let anybody in here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Welcome aboard dude. Now post some PICS.

Let me be the first one to warn you that your new guitar will not be the last Charvel/Jackson you will ever have after joining this place. GAS has no cure and this is not a support group for people afflicted with it.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

6-12 months seems to be the norm for a ordered guitar.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Forgive me for coming to the party with no gifts. I thought about that after I submitted the post. I'm a little on the old school side (hence the need to buy a C/S Charvel) when it comes to posting pictures. So, I will have to do this when I get back to my office. It's a Trans Green with AAAA Quilted Maple Top with gold hardware and loaded with EMGs. I think it's sweet. Others may think differently. In the meantime, any thoughts on why Jackson takes so frickin long on the others? Don't make me go PRS on you Jackson. The PRS factory is only a few miles from my home.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The PRS factory is only a few miles from my home.

[/ QUOTE ]
              where is the PRS factory anyway?
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

What's the finish on your future SL1? Since the USA selects are made in batches, uncommon finishes take longer than usual, though 8 months seems awfully long.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Forgive me for coming to the party with no gifts. I thought about that after I submitted the post. I'm a little on the old school side (hence the need to buy a C/S Charvel) when it comes to posting pictures. So, I will have to do this when I get back to my office. It's a Trans Green with AAAA Quilted Maple Top with gold hardware and loaded with EMGs. I think it's sweet. Others may think differently. In the meantime, any thoughts on why Jackson takes so frickin long on the others? Don't make me go PRS on you Jackson. The PRS factory is only a few miles from my home.

[/ QUOTE ]Did you by any chance purchase your Charvel at Guitar Asylum? I thought they had a Trans Green Charvel with EMG's for sale awhile back.
                  "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Yes I remember that trans green Charvel loaded with EMG's at the summer NAMM....that was one of my favorite Charvy's! Very nice!

- Joel
                    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                    RIP Dime

Comment

Skorb - The PRS factory is on the Eastern shore of Maryland. A few miles outside of Annapolis where I live. I know Paul and some of his main guys. I met him when he had a little hole in the wall in Annapolis. As we all know now, he's hit the big time. But he did keep the shop close to home. He didn't move it to CA like most do.

Jimmy - The SL1 is natural. Not unusual. 8 months is a long time for that color.

bonghits - I did get the one from Guitar Asylum. You guys can still see pictures there. I like it. And I do have to say, Rob at GA was excellent. Answered every question, spent time and was not pushy. I looked at tons of guitars and this one was very unusual.

Comment

Congrats on the Strat - saw it at Namm as well and thought it was just dreeeeeamy [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, USA Selects are made in batches of 12, IIRC, and with popular models such as the SL and RR and PC, it's not that much of a stretch to imagnie that orders for those batches fill up pretty quickly. While they may do 5 batches of each one in 52 weeks, your particular place in line could be farther back than that, which means you'll be waiting a lot longer than someone who ordered say a KE or KV at the same time simply because of the popularity of the respective models.
                        It's easy to say "well, do larger batches of the more popular models", but it's not that simple because it pushes those other orders farther out, which puts those cutomers in the same boat you're in now.
                        Being in that boat is no fun for anyone else in that boat, so someone who's not in the boat sudden;y being thrust into it won't be having any fun either.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense and puts my mind at ease. I guess I'm just a little impatient when it comes to things like this. I do have 4 other guitars to get me through the rough period. Just kidding.

When I was thinking about getting the Charvel, I was wondering why it hadn't sold. I was told tans green was not all that popular. But I'm telling you, this is one of the best looking guitars I've seen. It weighs a ton (I'm talkin solid Les Paul weight). Obviously some of you guys saw it at the NAMM show. The bonus is that it's a Charvel. I've been playing Jackson/Charvel since the 80's and I'm kind of loyal. I wanted a Charvel but I'm not really into some of the new models they have out now.

Comment

Welcome to the JCF, best place on the net. Very nice guitar, the trans green looks great [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually it didn't sell because everyone here thought it was overpriced. Custom Shop NAMM model or not, for the $$ they were asking, most people here would have opted for their own Custom Shop, or bought an original San Dimas Charvel.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X