Archtop Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archtop Soloist

I found a used one in a shop yesterday in trans black. The back and front was scuffed a fair amount and the finish on the bridge worn away on the top half. They wanted 1600 canadian (1300USD)for it and the clerk was like "thats a great deal! they are normally 2400" - my bullshit detector was going off a little bit, I thought that that 1600 was a little high...is this accurate?
    Thanks!

Re: Archtop Soloist

Could you be a bit more specific in your description of the guitar? I'm having a hard time getting an image of what exactly this is.

If it's a genuine 80's Archtop (rare mofos), the price'd be on the high side but justifiable if it's in sound structural condition.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I didn't think the 80's archtops came in trans black, though. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Sounds like a SL1 or SL2 to me.

Comment

That was my only remaining doubt, never heard of a tb one either.

An SL1 or 2, with an archtop design?

Comment

Hmm I'll see if I can get a pic of it but basically it had neckthrough design, 2 hb sd pickups, and gold hardware, it kinda looked like one of the TB dinkys at DCGL...more to come!

Comment

flamed or quilted?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              An SL1 or 2, with an archtop design?

[/ QUOTE ]

Durr, I took my stupid pill today. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I know I've seen USA archtop Soloists in the production line, though. I just can't remember the model name.

Comment

Sorry guys its actually a slatqh soloist with a tb quilt...

Comment

Gold hardware, neck-thru. Did it have 22 frets and a tune-o-matic bridge?

Comment

The SLATQH's (gold hardware brings this to mind), the AT's from the mid nineties also spring to mind.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      The SLATQH's (gold hardware brings this to mind), the AT's from the mid nineties also spring to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep its a SLATQH...

Comment

$1300 is a price in the top region then, considering its condition.

Jim (Sambencuda) here on the forum has a Tobacco SB one for less, it's for sale in the classifieds, you can check that one out if you're not set on trans black!

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...;page=2#495208

Much better deal, imho!

Comment

Might I add that Jim's did not use his as a surfboard, so it is in great shape. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Might I add that Jim's did not use his as a surfboard, so it is in great shape. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, good to know, that charvel is pretty cool too!

oh the humanity! My wife's birthday is coming up too so I am kinda hesitating, I just bought a 5150II, hasnt even got here yet. I sense that I am on thin ice....

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

The two new SLATQH's I've seen in Edmonton (Mother's and L&M) were selling for around $3000 which appears to be the US MAP translated for foreign exchange.

Comment

Working...
                              X