Archtop Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Archtop Soloist

I got my SLATQH with just a few light pick scratches on the front for $1320 on eBay. It sounds like this one is pretty beat up - $1600 may be too much.
    Jackson: DK1
    Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

$1600 Canadian is $1329 US. Sounds like a fair price for already being on that side of the border, especially if you get into adding Shipping & Customs/Broker fees...
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

For what it's worth, the original Archtops came in various colors. There was a member here who
        posted his black AT when he first joined. There was a blue one and a red one on ebay last year.
        And then there was the Eerrie Dess(??) AT on one of the Japanese websites a while back.
        The biggest difference between the SLAT's and the original AT's (aside from the construction)
        was that the SLAT's were/are very much a production model, with no options available (other
        than color). Whereas, the AT's were produced back when all Jackson USA guitars were all pretty
        much custom ordered.

Also, there was no Archtop model in the mid-90's. The original AT's were discontinued in the
        early 90's, but by then Jackson was only making a small handful a year. The SLAT's weren't
        introduced until 2002. The few made in between the original AT's and the SLAT's were true
        one off or custom ordered AT's.

Comment

The tops on those are carved differently than the SLATQHs too. The horns on the current model is raised like a PRS.

Is the maple cap on the old arch top the same thickness as the new one?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            Might I add that Jim's did not use his as a surfboard, so it is in great shape. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, good to know, that charvel is pretty cool too!

oh the humanity! My wife's birthday is coming up too so I am kinda hesitating, I just bought a 5150II, hasnt even got here yet. I sense that I am on thin ice....

Thanks for the replies!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats a better gift than an USA Charvel SD1! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The SLATQH is already higher than I was asking for it. I guess I price things too low.
            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Me want this AT [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X