mojo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mojo?

Some axes have mojo, most don't. Some people define mojo as beat to hell and back. Some define it as a worn in necks that fit your hand like a glove.

I have 3 guitars. Out of these three one have what I consider mojo.
    It's not the smooth worn in neck.
    It's not the battle-scarred body.
    It's not the 20 year old EMG.

It's the fuckin TONE! A note played on this axe resonates through the entire guitar. It is as if the body and neck were one, even though it's a bolt on. It just has heaps and heaps of TONE sprouting out of her. No other guitar I've ever played have touched her in the tone department.

What creates this tone phenomenon? Is it good wood? Poplar, maple and rosewood in this case. Nice hardware? A blocked worn JT-6 and a Floyd nut in this case. Is it the age? 17 years in this case.

I luvz eZ-bob [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: mojo?

Mojo=magic,it's when every component of a guitar is just right & for some unknown reason it is just better than others,some guitars have it some don't!!
    Of course a guitar may have mojo to you but to another player it's just ok,very subjective that mojo thing....weird!!

Comment

I have 3 Jacksons and 1 Warwick bass. All of them have that mystical, magical mojo.

I've gone through over 30 Jacksons to find those three, and 8 different basses to get the one.

It's a combination of EVERYTHING about that particular guitar that means something to you and everything that doesn't that you're aware of conciously or sub-conciously...

Many players never find that special guitar. I feel lucky that I've found several. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Mojo is in only the ones made in San Dimas. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Mojo is actually a special frequency of mystic origin that occurs in the electronics of some guitars, and I hear that EMG are coming out with an active Mojo Booster...

Oh, who am I kidding... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mojo; When everything about the guitar feels good, and it somehow brings your best playing out of you. A guitar that looks cool, that begs to be played, that has inspiring tone - and when you do play it, the hours just seem to disappear. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

mojo is the ability of the player I think [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Of course all guitars have playability levels but if you're able to play what you want then your guitars will have mojo. Maybe just the one that you can play what you want [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Mojo is stored in the capacitors. So all you guys without tone controls, your guitar has no mojo.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The only Mojo comes from JoJo..........

Comment

Mojo is a buzzword used by collectors to justify the asking price of a 20+ year old beater that reminds them and like-minded collectors of the days when all they had to do was go to school, chase teeny pussy, and rock out in their bedrooms [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Mojo is in the mind of the believer
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My Strathead Mutt has Mojo. I love looking at it, I can't wait to play it again, and I play better with it than other guitars. I've bonded with it. It's very special...to me.

That's Mojo. It's a personal thing. I don't think Mojo can be sold with a guitar, that is saying that Mojo comes in a guitar, cause each guitar is different and has to bond with you and you alone. Only then will Mojo develop. Mojo is an intangable.

Comment

Agreed Chuckster & Newc you're a dumbass!!LOL!!

Comment

So says the guy that fits the description I just gave [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Just because you couldn't get laid in highschool & have so much pent up frustration because you can't get laid now doesn't mean you have to hate us because we could then & still do now!!LOL!!
                          Life's too short to waste time taking thinly veiled shots at those you are so jealous of,just think how many import guitars you could be refinning in a pillow case or pajamas right now!!LOL!!

Comment

All this talk about mojo is making me want to watch the Austin Powers trilogy marathon thing that TSB/Superstation is showing today. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"I've lost my mojo!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll let History itself and the proven statistics stand as my defense [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X