I need your input...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your input...........

Guys, I have a GAS problem and I need your help [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Seriously,I have 7 Model series guitars.All of them are in above average condition and as we all know,are great players.But,how many Floyd equipped guitars do I need?I have a chance to trade them on a new Soloist and some other gear.I have been driving everybody nuts at the house looking for a solution ,but I have decided to bring it to you guys,so put me on the path to redemption........Thanks Rev.Timmy
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Re: I need your input...........

Trade them all on one Soloist and some gear? I would keep at least one as a backup. What store are you looking at trading with, Timmy?

Comment

Personally, I don't think that any one guitar is worth 7 Model series guitars and some gear. Those things are among the best guitars made, especially for the price you can get them for nowadays. But, I guess it depends on how much "gear" we're talking about here.

Comment

Brad,I have 12 other guitars.Plenty of backup [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].GC in Houston....What to do,What to do?..............

Comment

Ahhhh..... the wife and I were down at Crystal Beach this past week...... Boy, that's just like I remembered that. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I was there all weekend too!We have a cabin at Sandpiper!Man,I wish I would have known,we could have hooked up.My wife saw a 9 foot blacktip shark in 4 ft of surf!Scared everyone out of the water......................

Comment

Yeah, we were right down from you. Crystal Beach Road.... Down from the old Swedes Store. We were up and down the beech in my Jeep. Probably saw ya.

Comment

Yeah OK, for 7 Model series I'll send you as many inputs you want!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

4 3DR's,2 Model 2's with Floyds, and a Model 5x. I'm not givin them away,just trying to justify them...........

Comment

Here's the way I look at it:

A Floyd can be blocked to effectively be a TOM.

A TOM cannot be turned into a Floyd.

Therefore I don't buy guitars without Floyds

Comment

Good point. I love Floyd Rose!

Comment

Rev,
                        GC will rip you off on trade-ins. Do yourself a favor and try to sell some guitars outright to fund the SL-1 purchase. You'll make more money off of them and probably won't have to get rid of as many.
                        Good deals with:
                        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

+1

If you were to ebay them, 7x$200 is $1400 MINIMUM. Seeing how some of the Model series sell for, that's the absolute minimum you would probably get for them. That's more than enough to buy a minty used USA Select.

3DRs will sell for at least $250 each. A model 5 will pull over $300. Put them up for $275 shipped with a BIN, and you'll might be able to squeeze 2 USA Selects out of selling all of those.

If you don't have a digital camera, it would be worth your while to purchase one JUST to take pictures.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
                            X