X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dinky guitars? (noob question!)

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Players like Lynch and other 80's Hair Guitarists had a smaller build, and full-size Strats made them look like Angus behing a 335, so they worked with Grover to develop the Dinky body.

[/ QUOTE ]

How tall are Lynch and Warren? I always remember Lynch as the buffed out dude from later in his career and I thought Warren was a tallish dude?
    Can't think that they needed smaller guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I was reading a Lynch review from 1988 in Guitar World. Not buff back then. He got really into it in the 90's. (George, if you're watching, correct me if I'm wrong).

Great article and photos of his guitars back then..getting OT

Comment

I'm 6'1" and when I met George on his first Lynch Mob tour, he was only an inch or two shorter than me...still scrawny back then. He got huge in the mid to late 90's and seems to be getting skinnier again...must have gotten off the juice [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm 5'7 and I suddendly feel smaaaaal...
        Warren's 'French' guitar? You got me interested, has anyone got pics?

Comment

Don'worrybout it.
          I'm 5'4. One of the few that an xtrr would fit me well.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Don'worrybout it.
            I'm 5'4. One of the few that an xtrr would fit me well.

[/ QUOTE ]
            An XTRR/Dinky Rhoads would fit me well, too. I'm only 5'5". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Though, a full-size Strat body doesn't seem big at all, and a Dinky body isn't really that much smaller than one.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X