SL3 Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL3 Soloist

I want to buy an SL3 Soloist, but I was wondering if I would be able to replace the bridge with an Original Floyd Rose later on down the road, or if it would not fit to be the same size as Jackson's licensed Floyd. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: SL3 Soloist

Yes. An OFR will replace a JT580LP directly with little or no modification (some wood/paint might need to be removed inside the trem slot, but that's about it).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc is correct , but I used to have an SL3 and I thought the bridge on it was quite good. I don't know if you'd ever need to swap it out for an OFR.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Great, thanks for the quick replies. The only reason I planned on replacing it was that I have heard some negative remarks about licensed Floyds. This would be my first time as a user of a Floyd so i just wanted to make sure. Thanks again.

Comment

That particular Floyd is quite good, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. the only issue I have with SL3's are that the locking nuts they use can sometimes be the wrong spacing (R4) it sould be an R3. the way they do the frets on these these , with an R4 the 2 E strings end up pulling off of the fret board way to easily. I chaged mine to an R3 and the problem was solved, so be aware of that , otherwise I think these are pretty good guitars.
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

The jt580 is a good trem, stable too, imho. I never saw the need for an OFR, and that's while I totally HATE any tremelo of any kind.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of tremelos either, I perosonally prefer string-thru, but for the price range I'm searching, I only have so many options. I have the wiegh the ups and downs of all the guitars and just see what would be more beneficial. I would like to buy a SL2HT, but that's far more expensive and with my amount of expirience, I could not justify a purchase like that. If you guys have any suggestions of other guitars feel free to point me in a better direction. Thanks.

Comment

I never liked Floyds that much either, until I started using the OFR and the Schaller Floyd.

I personally do NOT like the JT580LP. Mine had slack in the saddles, and it was next to impossible to do *subtle* palm muting with it, due to the angle of the saddles.

The OFR in particular is heads and shoulders above it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I never liked Floyds that much either, until I started using the OFR and the Schaller Floyd.

I personally do NOT like the JT580LP. Mine had slack in the saddles, and it was next to impossible to do *subtle* palm muting with it, due to the angle of the saddles.

The OFR in particular is heads and shoulders above it.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1.....I've replaced all of the 580LP's on my guitars with OFR.
                    Good deals with:
                    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Working...
                    X