Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official Post-your-NAMM-pics thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official Post-your-NAMM-pics thread.

Hey everyone. I got back from NAMM late this afternoon. I had a great time with Todd (Tekky), Kristy (MrsTekky), Tim (hippietim), Joel (Joel Drabicki), Scott (StukaJU87), Scott's bandmate Mr. Pink (he's not a JCF member; that's a Reservoir Dogs reference), and Joel's girlfriend Amy.

There was not much new from Jackson, but they did have some cool custom shops. The coolest three were Mike Learn's Koi V, Dan Lawrence's Torture Chamber Soloist, and a SWEET 24 fret balck string-through Rhoads with no inlays. We all wished they would have had more guitars there.

A few points I would like to make about the pics:
    1) My pictures did not turn out as well as I would have hoped; I had to take most of them one-handed, and some were a bit fuzzy. I only posted the best pics.
    2) I didn't take a picture of every guitar in the building.
    3) The other guys took pics too, so I am sure they will add them to this thread.

Other comments:
    1) This was the first time I met anyone form the forum, and I have to say that everyone was super-cool. We had a blast hanging out together, both at the show and after. I can't wait for the next show.
    2) Mike Learn spent a lot of time with us JCF'ers. He was very approachable, and a great guy. A crew was shooting a documentary about Mike, and he had them interview Tekky since he was a JCF forum admin, and he had them interview me since I created the guitar generator that he uses to pitch graphic ideas to Jackson with. Mike is really enthusiastic about Jackson and Charvel guitars, and he wanted to get a few "fans" like Todd and I in the documentary as well. Hopefully we'll make the cut!

Here's the link:

Eric's Summer NAMM 2005 Pics

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: The official Post-your-NAMM-pics thread.

Dead Link.

What CHARVELS were there???

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Thanks for the pics! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

A nice set of custom shop guitars. Way out of my price range. Right now anyway. I like the Carbon Fiber job.

Can't wait to see the documentary.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Thanks for the pics....some nice guitars there....
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Great pix!!!!
          Thank you so much!
          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Can't get link to work! :'(

---- Works now!

That soloist with the birds eye maple fretboard is simply stunning!

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I first clicked the link and didn't work but I copied and pasted the link, then it worked.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Link is working great for me, sorry to those who can't see it yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for the pics, bro, they're great and I wish I could've been there with you guys. Would love to do the beer tasting with you guys as well, hope you all had a great time! - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] and ya gotta love this quote:

[ QUOTE ]
                "None more pink!" Go for it, Dave!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  <font color="aqua">...and ya gotta love this quote:

[ QUOTE ]
                  "None more pink!" Go for it, Dave!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty much anytime we saw something pink, your name came up!

And I still want your pink Charvel! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- E.

Comment

Cool pics! Yeah, that copper Soloist is badass.

Anyone get a good shot of the PC1?

Thanks for sharing, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow! Great stuff!!!

Comment

ahaha

What is Tim looking at?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Cool pics! Yeah, that copper Soloist is badass.

Anyone get a good shot of the PC1?

Thanks for sharing, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          The soloist was sweet. It had black binding, which just suited it really well.

My shot of the PC1 sucked. I know Tim took a couple of it. I'm sure he'll post them.

- E.

Comment

Whats that yellow 3 aside headstock I see in the background there? Could it be a PC.. Anyone got pics pics of that bad puppy?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Whats that yellow 3 aside headstock I see in the background there? Could it be a PC.. Anyone got pics pics of that bad puppy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not a PC. It was a Soloist-style.

Now that you bring it up, there weren't any PC archtops there. Just one PC1.

- E.

Comment

Working...
                              X