Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official Post-your-NAMM-pics thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hippietim\'s NAMM Pics

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Either this man is from the future or from the past. There is no way for me to be sure, only that he cannot be from the present.

Comment

Re: Hippietim\'s NAMM Pics

wait, sorry, that's obviously Rufus from Bill and Ted's, so he must be from the future.

Comment

Re: The official Post-your-NAMM-pics thread.

Regarding the Hell's Koi Pond, I agree it's a killer paint-job; highly detailed and super realistic lookin', but from a distance it does look kinda floral.. You'd never catch me rockin' a pointed paisley on stage, that guitar is a collectors peice only!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Regarding the Hell's Koi Pond, I agree it's a killer paint-job; highly detailed and super realistic lookin', but from a distance it does look kinda floral.. You'd never catch me rockin' a pointed paisley on stage, that guitar is a collectors peice only!

[/ QUOTE ]
          I disagree but then, some people like that yellow star, which is just the ugliest damn thing in my opinion. So to each their own eh?

Tim that Warrior Acoustic is just absolutely stunning. Thats the coolest acoustic I've ever seen. Great shot. Those guitars are obscenely expensive (for good reason). Any idea how they play? As works of art they are outstanding but to me I see no point in buying a guitar that looks like that unless it plays just like it looks. Know what I mean?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't play any of the Warriors. Believe it or not, those don't really appeal to me. I can appreciate the craftsmanship and they are definitely works of art - just not really something I'd want to own as a guitar to play.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

What is with those warriors? Pure PRS imitation, right there.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Actually the Warriors are alot nicer than PRS' to me. They have a killer carver top....the prices range from around $1700 (painted) to $40K+ for the works of art ones. Alot of the ones they bring to shows are the collection only pieces, but they have some nice ones that are more player guitars between $2K and $4K. I've played a couple in the past and I fell in love with a trans red quilt maple one a year ago that was about $2800. They are definitely NICER than PRS!
                RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                RIP Dime

Comment

Warrior guitars are the real deal. I owned a Soldier model a couple of years ago and it was awesome. Like Joel, I liked mine more than any of the PRS I've owned.

I was made an offer I couldn't refuse and unfortunately sold it to a friend. The neck carve is incredible and the attention to detail is among the finest. I swapped out the pickups to suit my preference, but otherwise - WOW.

I regret selling that one. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Joel, (and anyone else who played it!)

What was the copper, single hum, birdseye board soloist like? How did it feel? Is the back of the neck totally unfigured?
                    I've read the spec sheet on the Jackson site, but a hands on opinion would be cool, and I'm not too sure what the 785-827 means in the special neck info on the order!

Thanks
                    Ian
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Well, most ESP fans will tell you the same of their higher-end models.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

The neck on that think was amazing. The neck was all birdseye...just as nice on the neck back as it is on the fretboard. I didn't play it long enough to get much of a feel for the neck specs...plus it really wasn't setup too well. I believe it is unfinished and it had a nice raw feel to it.
                        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                        RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                        X