Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new collection pics

[ QUOTE ]
    How does the Brian Moore compare to your Jacksons?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it plays just as well, but it is different. the frets are more like vintage fender frets, narrow and tall. the best part about though is the 13 pin access for my guitar synth. it also has a piezo bridge for acoutic guitar sounds. the sick thing is that i can play traditional electric, acoustic, and synth ALL at the same time or choose any combination of the three. i like it a lot. it trips people out live, because with the flick of a switch i can change what they are hearing. one guy even accused us of playing with backing tapes once. it went like this: "i've never know of local bands to play with backing tapes. the keyboards seemed to come put of nowhere. that's pretty weak. you should just get a keyboardist." i laughed at him and showed him my guitar. he freaked out. it was funny.

[ QUOTE ]
    Damn Mark, you are a wild man....Got enough power there?

[/ QUOTE ]

well shawn, it is a lot of power. the insane part is that i actually use it ALL onstage. the s-120 is 120 watts and "true" stereo and i use it to run the 2 1x12 cabs and the 2x10. the m-100 is 100 watts and it is slaved to the s-120 and runs the marshall 4x12. for bigger gigs i add another 4x12 for the left side of the stage. i've actually scaled down. it used to be those 2 heads, PLUS a rivera TBR-5 320 watt power amp that ran 4 4x12 cabs. now i like the small cabs better.

i don't use the fender stuff live. i just like to look at it. johnnymac and i were talking about having vintage fender "furniture".

another part that you don't see is that there is a big bass rig also that i used to sub the lows from the marshall acoustic amp. i run it like a tri-amp system. 50 watts from the marshall for the mids and highs, then the effects send is run through a crossover and into the effects return of the 300 watt bass combo. it makes the brian moore sound godly when i pull up an organ patch and blend it with the piezo pickup.

i am surprised at how many people dig the pink jackson. it is a full size strat body, non-recessed floyd, hum-sing-sing. it has jackson's special 5 way switch. the rosewood board is bound, and it has dot inlay. the head is reversed. the neck is oiled and pretty slim. 22 frets. the sound is very strat like. well, almost just like my mexi-strat with the SD lil'59 in the bridge. it crunches, but still has some twang to it. it's a great guitar.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

here's some more pics of the pink jackson.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

killer pink Jackson strat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] binding is cool too.

nice stuff you got there...
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

nice pinky jackson

Comment

Omigorgeous!!!!!!!!! Niiiiice set-up there, MD!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I'm really digging the red Hamer special and the Brian Moore. Ooooo. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
            That is one seriously righteous family portrait there what with the amps and all too. Sweet.

-Em

Comment

Christ on a Bike!! That is so sweet! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              Ive never been a fan of dot inlays or single coils, but you sir have changed my mind! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

you gotta love those pink jacksons

Comment

Nice guitars

Comment

Working...
                  X