Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How and when did you discover Jackson/ Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How and when did you discover Jackson/ Charvel?

Somewhere around 1984, after playing only Les Pauls for a several years, I wandered into a local music store and played a Jackson Soloist for the first time. I knew immediately that I had to have one. After saving $ for about a year, I purchased my 1st Jackson strat. I have played Jackson exclusively ever since and have owned several different ones. I was interested in hearing how others discovered these guitars.

Re: How and when did you discover Jackson/ Charvel

My first guitar was a beat to shit Jackson Dinky. Don't own one now, had to sell em all, but my collections gonna grow again before the end of this year

Comment

Re: How and when did you discover Jackson/ Charvel?

I couldn't figure out what what kind of guitar Jake E. Lee was playing when he started with Ozzy because I had never heard of Charvel at that time and couldn't make out the headstock logo. That's when I did some research and discovered Charvel.

Comment

Dave Mustaine.

Comment

I sold a friend of mine an 83' Les Paul, so I could buy a guitar I wouldn't be afraid to bang around. He told me about a Mod 6. I researched, bought one and love it. So much so, I bought a second one.

(I still want the Les Paul back though) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

My pink 5FX sat in a shop here for about 18 months. Everytime I went in to dig, that metalflake neck-thru monstrosity/beauty caught my eye. I finally decided I wanted a guitar with a 25.5" scale and bridge humbucker, so I went down and haggled with the dude to bring it home.

Comment

Steve Vai and Kirk Hammett's '85 SD Rhoads.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Hangar 18 video.

Comment

Seeing all the ads in guitar mags in the '80s and all the cool players who used them. I finally got my first Jackson (a Kelly Standard) in the early '90s mainly because of Marty Friedman. I returned it because I hated the lo-pro trem at the time. A few years later I got a black '94 string-thru Professional Dinky HX that I saw in a Venneman's Music Emporium catalog. I wanted a 24-fret Dinky/Soloist body with string-thru TOM bridge after seeing Scott Ian with a few, so this was perfect for me. Since then, I've had a couple Charvels, another Kelly and a few Dinky Reverses, a USA JJP as well as another Dinky HX, but they're all gone now except for the black HX which I'll never get rid of.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

FIrst guitar was a Rhoads Knockoff [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I started playing when I was 13, and got my first guitar magazine in 1986 - I guess that was the time when my heros all played J/C guitars. The first one I loved was Mustaine's 'Megadeth' guitar, then Hammett's Rhoads, Spitz's guitars etc My first decent guitar was a Charvel Model 2, in 1989, then I got a Jackson catalogue in 1990 and the rot set in!
                      I had a time when I went Ibanez crazy (for a couple of years around 1994), and I've had ESPs, Hamers etc, but then came to the conclusion that Jackson and Charvel guitars just do 'it' for me, and I don't want to play anything much else!
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I was 11 years old & went to my second concert some short dirty blonde haired kid was playing a white Jackson V with pinstripes. Where does Ozzy find these guys? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        According To The Prophecy

Comment

In the early 90ies: a lot of the us-death-metal-bands played Jackson.

Comment

I saw the Ratt 'Round and Round' video.... In 1986 ran out and bought King V #J1370... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Adrian
                            All hail the 'King'
                            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Van Halen I!!

Comment

Working...
                              X